IPTC Information applied to a selected group of files

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

IPTC Information applied to a selected group of files

I tried to add captions, comments & keywords to selected files (selected on the thumbnails page.) All were added to ALL files in the folder, not just the ones selected.

Additionally, although it would seem that the IPTC info would be a part of the file, when I moved the files to another folder to get around this "feature," all the captions, keywords, and comments disappeared.

So yes, I have two issues, but both are specifically about IPTC information. The first is a request that the feature work as described, ie apply the information to the selected files and not to all the files in the folder.

The second is a question - where is the information stored? Is it in the thumbs.db, some other database file that I am not aware of, or ??? I have checked the box asking for the file to be left with the original time stamp, and so did not expect the time stamp to change, and it didn't. However, if the information was stored in the file, wouldn't it be there still when I move the files?

I've been a user of IV for years, but am just now trying to take advantage of IPTC information because I now have a decent digital camera. I searched the forum, but found nothing about the issue I had with the batch, nor where the information goes.

Thanks
Working...
X