Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SVG and SVGZ files

Hi.

I downloaded the plugin of SVG files (CADImage.dll) and result aren't realy good.
    I added an example of a svg file (SVG file.zip), how it is displayed on IV (Bad.jpg) and how it should be displayed (Good.jpg).

Also IV can read SVGZ files only if you change their extension to SVG.
    Attached Files

I also don't have a very good experience with these SVG. All software renders them differently: I tried Corel 11, Corel 12, Opera 8, Opera 9, Wikipedia. So far Opera 9 appears to be the most accurate rasterizer, with Opera 8 failing on more complex pictures, and Corel failing miserably but being my only choice to extract and work with the vector data.

Comment

I have 5 webbrowsers on my system and they all can show your Scalable Vector Graphic. Reason: I installed a viewer as a 'plugin'. Just like flash, svg needs software to cope with the new vector language. Only Netscape opens the graphic in a separate window (eccentric). Here's the URL: http://www.adobe.com/svg/viewer/install/. As you know IrfanView is a bitmapviewer, so like on wmf, IV must internal 'convert' svg to bitmap which in my opinion is clever done by mr. Skiljan.

Comment

I did not understand.

Of course IV converts the SVG to a bitmap. As far as I know any content has to be converted to a bitmap in order to be displayed. My problem is that IV converts it badly.

Did you mean that the plugin can help? I installed it and there is no difference.

Comment

Because IrfanView is a bitmap viewer, it can't handle layers (like there are in the wmf format). So to show them, IV converts vectors to bitmaps for as good as it is able to. Therefore vector scaling for instance isn't possible in IV. You attached an SVG example (from Inkscape) but to show such kind of vector is something else. IrfanView needs a plugin for that format and there isn't one yet to my knowledge.
          The Adobe plugin I was refering to, is to make certain Internet Explorers able to show the SVG language from within html. The Adobe plugin was not written for IV, you would have guessed. I'm acquainted with the fact that everything has to be 'bitmapped' before sending to the monitorscreen.
          Last edited by Sjef; 28.07.2007, 05:33 PM.

Comment

OK, now I understand.
            Is there any way IV can take advantage of the adobe plugin? If there is, I hope someone will create a plugin for that.

Comment

The content of the Adobe 'plugin' exists of 9 dll files and can't be used in Irfan's plugin folder.

Comment

Working...
              X