View Display Resample

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

View Display Resample

If "Fit Window to Image (1:1, recommended) is selected, then "Use resample for fitting (better quality)" does not work.

Either this should work, or the item should be greyed out when not available.
    Before you post ... Edit your profile • IrfanView 4.62 • Windows 10 Home 19045.2486

Irfan PaintIrfan View HelpIrfanPaint HelpRiot.dllMore SkinsFastStone CaptureUploads

When that option is enabled the picture is displayed in its original size and the IV window is fitted to the picture, not the other way round - the picture is not resized => there is no need for resampling. Resampling is used only when pictures are resized to fit window/screen.

Comment

Try zooming out with the two different fit options and see the difference.
      Attached Files
      Last edited by Bhikkhu Pesala; 28.07.2007, 12:38 PM.
      Before you post ... Edit your profile • IrfanView 4.62 • Windows 10 Home 19045.2486

Irfan PaintIrfan View HelpIrfanPaint HelpRiot.dllMore SkinsFastStone CaptureUploads

Comment

You didn't mention the zooming-out, I can see the difference now. Resampling is not applied in this mode when zooming. It's the same with the "Do not fit anything" mode.

Comment

Resample is very slow in Irfanview 4

I just installed IrfanView 4 on my Win98 P2 laptop and found, the Window Mode Resample feature is very slow (5 min per page), when viewing multipage small text background images (like faxed postal forms), especially fitted to desktop width. Switching to next page of the same file takes 5 min for IrfanView to process. Is it a bag? Also, does IrfanView startup time depend on a number of plugins installed - I have all installed, and start is slow?

Comment

Not working on Athlon64?

...or perhaps AMD entirely. I have several flavors and generations of AMD processor about the house, and I've noticed that on my Socket 939 Opteron 170, as well as my Socket 754 Athlon64 3400+, the resample view is 100% broken. Resampling to a file works fine, but the scaling is broken in preview. I'm running Windows XP Pro SP2 in both cases; the 939 has on-board NForce 6150 video while the 754 has an AGP Radeon X800 GTO. I don't know if my old Socket 462 chips have problems, but I think it might work correctly on intel (I have a Socket 370 Celeron 1200 and a P4m 2.5GHz laptop to test the code with intel)

Comment

Working...
            X