X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Viewing SVG files

Hi,

I have a file with an svg extension. Ifranview does not show this file properly. But Firefox will show it Ok. I would like to get Ifranview to be able to handle this file properly. How?

I have all plugins installed. I would also like to have Ifranview convert this file to png or jpg.

Help appreciated.

Lee g.

Open it in Firefox
    Open IrfanView
    Press C to do a screen capture
    Before you post ... Edit your profile • IrfanView 4.62 • Windows 10 Home 19045.2486

Irfan PaintIrfan View HelpIrfanPaint HelpRiot.dllMore SkinsFastStone CaptureUploads

Comment

ver is 4.22
      OS is XP

Is there any other info I can give you?

is this a know bug?

Thanks

Comment

not a bug.
        SVG= Scalable Vector Graphics format
        IrfanView can't handle vector graphics anyway, so no plugins for this either.
        Rest In Peace, Sam!

Comment

I see that SVG files do not currently display properly in IrfanView.

The latest plugins are available from the IrfanView Plugin page.

http://www.cadsofttools.com/Download...iewPlugins.zip (Link Corrected)

The SVG plugin is Shareware.
          Last edited by Bhikkhu Pesala; 15.01.2009, 10:40 AM.
          Before you post ... Edit your profile • IrfanView 4.62 • Windows 10 Home 19045.2486

Irfan PaintIrfan View HelpIrfanPaint HelpRiot.dllMore SkinsFastStone CaptureUploads

Comment

sorry, didn't know about the plugin.
            Rest In Peace, Sam!

Comment

Sorry,

I don't follow - I loaded the canon_crw plugin files according to the readme but I still can not properly see svg files with irfanview.

please explain. What are crw plugins? How do I view .svg files in Irfanview? I do not understand.

Comment

Sorry, I copied the wrong link from the IrfanView Plugins page

The one you want is

However, it makes no difference. SVG files still do not display properly in IrfanView.

As I suggested initially, open the file in Firefox, and do a screen capture from IrfanView.
                Last edited by Bhikkhu Pesala; 15.01.2009, 10:46 AM.

Comment

V4.23

see:
                  Last edited by Frank; 15.01.2009, 10:55 AM.

Comment

However, it makes no difference. SVG files still do not display properly in IrfanView.

As I suggested initially, open the file in Firefox, and do a screen capture from IrfanView.
                    OK, thanks. I got it now.

Interesting: http://www.mozilla.org/projects/svg/
                    Last edited by leeegold; 17.01.2009, 03:31 AM.

Comment

Couple comments:
                      1). CADimage.dll is included in standard plugin pack, so there is no need for extra download.
                      2). The best way to view and manipulate *.svg files is to setup inkscape, and then export whole svg or just part of it as png if needed. Suggestion 'use screenshot' is silly, sorry.

p.s. sorry for my bad english
                      SFMBE. (Sorry for my bad english)

Comment

Originally posted by flm View Post
                        Suggestion 'use screenshot' is silly, sorry.
                        Well, no, actually. If you open a SVG file in IrfanView, all you're going to get is a bitmap anyway. At least if you display the SVG in your browser and take a screenshot with IrfanView, you can get a larger bitmap.
                        Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Bhikkhu Pesala View Post
                          Well, no, actually. If you open a SVG file in IrfanView, all you're going to get is a bitmap anyway. At least if you display the SVG in your browser and take a screenshot with IrfanView, you can get a larger bitmap.
                          It is true if you svg-image contains only basic shape on small canvas. But reality is bit different. It is hard for me to explain all details in english, so i desided to attach some example files. Hope, you'll understand what I try to say with these files.

There is zip which contained following files:
                          1). AJ_stop_sign_angled_2.svg - original
                          2). AJ_stop_sign_angled_2.png - what you get, if you export bitmap with inkscape.
                          3). AJ_stop_sign_angled_2big.png - same as previus, but 5x in size.
                          4). AJ_stop_sign_angled_2_image_out_of_canvas.svg - same drawing as in original svg, but moved from canvas.

Please also note few things:
                          1). Browsers don't fully support svg standard.
                          2). Browsers only show images on canvas.
                          3). If you screenshot you browser window, you can't preserve alpha transparency in any way.
                          4). It's a bit difficult to screenshot browser window, if canvas of svg is huge (5000x5000 for example)
                          5). Svg file may contain many images (icon set for example), and you will need to work hard to separate them all from you screenshot.
                          6). etc.

p.s.: you can go to openclipart.org and see some svg examples if you like.
                          Attached Files
                          SFMBE. (Sorry for my bad english)

Comment

Viewing SVG Files

I found the best way to do this is to Export Bitmap from Inkscape (which exports a large image in png format) and then open the same in IrfanView.

Works fine for me!
                            Kalyan

Comment

Any special reason why you're reviving a thread that is over two years old?

Comment

Working...
                              X