Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Requested Number of copies on one page

L.S.

I (That is, my mother), would like to print multiple copies of the same (part of an) image on the same page, copies beside and/or under each other. There could be an option to print the copies with a (settable) spacing between the copies, or just direct next to each other.

The number of copies next to each other can be automatic I think, dependant on the amount of space available on the selected paper.

The preview window should display all copies so you see what you are about to get.

Thanks for your time reading this,

Thomas Roes

If all you want to do is make multiple copies of a photo, all the same size, then an option to do that in IrfanView might be useful. However, you would be much better off using a page layout program for this kind of task.

Try Serif PagePlus SE. It is free, and very easy to use for this kind of task.

A DTP program offers you all kinds of options to add picture frames, captions, cutting lines, and to crop or rotate pictures to make an attractive montage.

Irfan View will never even attempt to do that much (I hope).

The attachment took a couple of minutes. I added a border to one print, and changed the transparency on the small prints.
    Attached Files
    Before you post ... Edit your profile • IrfanView 4.62 • Windows 10 Home 19045.2486

Irfan PaintIrfan View HelpIrfanPaint HelpRiot.dllMore SkinsFastStone CaptureUploads

Comment

I tryed to use Serif PagePlus SE, but installation stopped at one moment, so i cant install Serif PagePlus SE complete.

But i need the same functions that want thomasroes, if its not so difficult, integrate these functions.
      Sorry for my english. И, соответственно, я прощаю ваш русский.

Comment

1. Save as PDF using the IMPDF plugin, which can put multiple images on a page, and then print from the PDF

2. If you have MS Office (or equivalent) -- any good word processor (Word) can do it. Make your margins as small as possible to acommodate the pics and keep pasting. There are image formatting options that will let you control the placement.

It is always best to learn how to use what you have to its fullest before chasing software rainbows
        Its: Belongs to "It"
        It's: Shortened form of "It is"
        ---------------------
        Lose: Fail to keep
        Loose: Not tight

---------------------
        Plurals do not require apostrophes

Comment

I find'nt there in acrobat a can set printing size (in cm), but word can, not exact values of size, that IV, but they can. Thanks.

Comment

There is a workaround to print multiple copies in IrfanView, more useful if you have an occasional need to print a fixed number per sheet. My example is for 12 copies per sheet.
            Save an image as 12off.jpg. Then open slideshow dialog and create a list with that file name repeated 12 times. Easiest way is to drag the file name on to the list from the files box 12 times. Save the list as 12off.txt.
            Now whenever you want a 12 copy sheet just save the image to 12off.jpg replacing the existing file. Open thumbnails, select 'Options> load file list from TXT file' and load 12off.txt. You should see 12 identical thumbnails of the image. 'Options> Select All' then 'File>Create contact sheet' and use the dialog box to set up a 4 row by 3 column sheet with the spacings you want. Create then Print.
            You could of course choose to create the contact sheet with fewer than the 12 copies and just print the first page.

Comment

Not so bad, but i need something another..

From beggining
              I have a pic whith some aspect ratio. And a have physical size of print, for example 50x60mm. I dont know at this moment how much copies i can print at one sheet.

When at print menu a wish to set this physical size, and number of copies at one sheet, with some interval.

It's all needed to make some pics at a textolite plate as i made today

This process has a problem with transporting print at plate, so i need to print several same pics, using not a regular paper, but glossy. So i dont want to throw away not fully used glossy paper.
              Last edited by ND-3500; 23.07.2008, 09:07 PM.

Comment

ND-3500 - it sounds like a relatively simple math and positioning problem, but maybe someone who speaks Russian will come along to help better

Originally posted by Mij View Post
                There is a workaround to print multiple copies in IrfanView, more useful if you have an occasional need to print a fixed number per sheet. My example is for 12 copies per sheet.
                Save an image as 12off.jpg. Then open slideshow dialog and create a list with that file name repeated 12 times. Easiest way is to drag the file name on to the list from the files box 12 times. Save the list as 12off.txt.
                Now whenever you want a 12 copy sheet just save the image to 12off.jpg replacing the existing file. Open thumbnails, select 'Options> load file list from TXT file' and load 12off.txt. You should see 12 identical thumbnails of the image. 'Options> Select All' then 'File>Create contact sheet' and use the dialog box to set up a 4 row by 3 column sheet with the spacings you want. Create then Print.
                You could of course choose to create the contact sheet with fewer than the 12 copies and just print the first page.
                Awesome -- I knew there had to be a sneaky way!
                Its: Belongs to "It"
                It's: Shortened form of "It is"
                ---------------------
                Lose: Fail to keep
                Loose: Not tight

---------------------
                Plurals do not require apostrophes

Comment

Originally posted by matera View Post
                  ND-3500 - it sounds like a relatively simple math and positioning problem, but maybe someone who speaks Russian will come along to help better
                  It's hard to do, i know, but try to understand, it's not a problem with math.

Maybe these methods can increase accuracy and decrease waste of time of the dumbs in math?

And about "sneaky" way... This sneaky way remind me using flat crewdriver on cross crews, it's possible but so wasting time and so effective... And this way cannot be used to print images fixed needed physical size.

Comment

Originally posted by ND-3500 View Post
                    And about "sneaky" way... This sneaky way remind me using flat crewdriver on cross crews, it's possible but so wasting time and so effective... And this way cannot be used to print images fixed needed physical size.
                    Yes ND-3500, that is what I mean by a workaround. If you do not have the right tool for the job, you must either make use of what you do have or go out and acquire new tools.
                    I believe what you are asking for is rather specialized. Even if Irfan did include a new feature to print multiple copies of an image on a page, then I would expect the options to be much like those for the Thumbnails Contact Sheet. I think you will have to look for different tools to do what you want and may still have to use a workaround to achieve it.

Comment

The whole idea of this "Feature Request" forum is to suggest new features.

Sure, I appreciate work-arounds, and I make do with them ... until the tool of choice gets a new ability, or I find another tool that does what I want, easily.
                      I wish to die peacefully in my sleep, like my grandfather.
                      Not like those passengers, in his car, when he drove over that cliff.

Comment

Hello ChuckE
                        Yes, of course this forum section is for posting feature requests, but suggestions of alternative programs and workarounds are useful to some and sometimes help to tease out more details of what is being requested.
                        Initially I thought that this was just a missing feature request. IrfanView already has the Contact Sheet dialog that allows a number of images to be printed on one sheet. What it lacks is the ability to call that dialog from the Viewer and to populate it with multiple copies of the current image (except by way of the lengthy workaround that I posted).
                        What emerges from the replies of ND-1500 is a wish for a significant extension of IrfanView into the field of Desk Top Publishing, including working directly in inches or centimetres, rather than pixels, and page layout optimisation. An 'IrfanPublisher' plug-in perhaps?

Comment

Where did I say anything about not suggesting work-arounds? I said that I do use, and have at my fingertips, many work-arounds. I was just saying what I had when a person mentions that another user will have to go elsewhere to get what they want and that even if IrfanView did have a similar feature that would still not be what he'd want. Well, that is wholly discounting the person's suggestion for a feature, to say even if you get what you want - it would not be what you want. (??)

Seldom is anything ever made that is perfect from the beginning. First the idea, then the implementation, then the refinement, and refinement, and then some more refinement.

Comment

I must say that I partially agree with ChuckE's grumpy remarks.
                            If a post in the request forum leads to another app which is better, it's not a request anymore.

Requests are indeed meant for refinement. Some, especially newbies (not only on this forum), often confuse a 'request' with a 'demand'.
                            At the same time as finetuning is going on by requests, one should be very content with what the program already achieves.

This 'spoiled' effect is very clear in the issue about the returning demand for the capability of using 'layers' by IrfanView.
                            Rest In Peace, Sam!

Comment

me grumpy? Me Grumpy? ME GRUMPY!?
                              I swear, if all you people don't stop harping on me being GRUMPY ...
                              I'm .. I'm ... I'm gonna kill someone!

Comment

Working...
                              X