Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

irfanview can't play the MCI device

Hi

I had to reinstall windows xp and also installed ifranview 4.0. Now all my MPG, avi etc. movies cannot play because it cannot play the MCI device. I know i can turn on direct show or something but that doesnt give me a playbar (play stop etc) and i had a playbar but i can't remember i had to install all kinds of codecs.. if i have to do that, which one? i use two programs and one said windows media 9 or something but i have media player 11 which should have all the codecs... i dont understand. maybe somewhen can clarify this?

You reinstalled XP with MediaPlayer 9. Did you install SP2 too? And all the updates? If not, MediaPlayer 11 can give you lots of trouble (for instance uninstalling). I work for years now with XP-SP2, never did any upgrade (exept anti-virus of course) and my system is very stable. MediaPlayer 9 is nice enough (even version 6 works fine, see Program Files\Windows Media Player\mplayer2.exe). K-Lite is one of the codecpacks that does the job and includes MediaPlayer Classic. If I where you I'd reinstall XP & SP2 & K-Lite & IV-4. Then your troubles are over. Upgrading XP is your own decision of course.

Comment

Working...
    X