5x7 custom crop ratio

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Requested 5x7 custom crop ratio

IrfanView is a fine little viewer, but what it's missing is a 5x7 and 7x5 custom crop ratio. This is the second most common printing size for photographs, and since 4x6 and 8x10 (2x3 and 4x5) are already included, this ratio is BEGGING to be included. Thanks!

You can easily get whatever ratio you like by typing in the width and height with Set ratio to none. Type in 50 x 70 or 70 x 50, then resize the selection with Control held down.
    Before you post ... Edit your profile • IrfanView 4.62 • Windows 10 Home 19045.2486

Irfan PaintIrfan View HelpIrfanPaint HelpRiot.dllMore SkinsFastStone CaptureUploads

Comment

...and then reposition the crop mask???

Great suggestion but only one problem with it. You have to guess where the mask will end up after you've adjusted the dimensions. If after the mask has been resized it now doesn't crop the part of the picture you want, there is no way that I can see to be able to reposition the crop mask to where it needs to be. Clicking on any edge or corner of the mask only enables you to move that border. Putting the pointer inside the mask changes it to a magnifying glass and when clicked it drops the mask and zooms the picture.

Comment

Just right click and drag.
        Get Radio? Sure! - the best Internet Radio Player ever?

Comment

Click and Drag!

No, sorry Lief, that doesn't work, as explained above. If you click outside the crop mask it disappears. If you click on a border of the crop mask, only the border moves. If you click inside the crop mask the mask vanishes and the picture gets zoomed. As soon as you place the cursor inside the crop mask it changes to a magnifying glass. I've just tried it again to make sure I wasn't doing something wrong.

Comment

And what happens if you right click instead of left click when the cursor changes to a magnifying glass?
            Did you read the text in the Create custom selection window: "The selection can be moved using the right mouse button"
            Works OK for me. You might try reinstalling...
            Get Radio? Sure! - the best Internet Radio Player ever?

Comment

Right-click and Drag

As Leiff says, it works just fine, even if you use the right mouse button for the context menu. Right-click inside a selection will show the four-headed arrow to move the selection.
              Before you post ... Edit your profile • IrfanView 4.62 • Windows 10 Home 19045.2486

Irfan PaintIrfan View HelpIrfanPaint HelpRiot.dllMore SkinsFastStone CaptureUploads

Comment

Working...
              X