• Show
Clear All

how to open CorelDraw CDR file?

when i try to open a CDR file i get this error:
    ---------------------------
    IrfanView
    Error: Windows can't play this file!

Windows error text: The specified file cannot be played on the specified MCI device. The file may be corrupt, not in the correct format, or no file handler available for this format..

You can try to install additional video/audio codecs from this site:

FOURCC, four character code, pixel, format, video, YUV, RGB, codec, windows, microsoft, video for windows, windows media player, AVI

or try the DirectShow option in 'Properties->Video'
    OK

but that is not a video file it is a CorelDraw file. how can i open it? thanks.

Use CorelDraw. That's about the only way.
    Before you post ... Edit your profile • IrfanView 4.62 • Windows 10 Home 19045.2486

Irfan PaintIrfan View HelpIrfanPaint HelpRiot.dllMore SkinsFastStone CaptureUploads

Comment

Well, i'm about to say that too.
      Finally i installed the CorelDraw trial, and apparently it will stay usable as a viewer after the trial period, a bit big for a viewer though~~
      and thank you for you reply

Comment

If you don't use CorelDraw, then you shouldn't use proprietary CorelDraw files. You need to obtain a common format. Or the person forcing you to use CDR files should provide CorelDraw.

Comment

If you only want to view these images and do not need to work on them again in CorelDraw, why not just Export them while your trial period lasts in a format that you can view with IrfanView?

Comment

Working...
          X