Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

"Filter English/Deutsch" for search function of forum!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

"Filter English/Deutsch" for search function of forum!

I know some might appreciate having threads from both forums in search results. However, is it possible, as an option, to filter them? It would make it a whole lot easier to read, if you are only wanting one or the other.

steve,

So, is this possible? I find it odd that Search includes both forums, despite the fact that the Deutsches forum/child forums are not listed in Advanced Search. Basically, it is Today's Posts (http://en.irfanview-forum.de/vb/search.php?do=getdaily) that would benefit the most from optional filtering. But, making it an option in Advanced Search would help, too. It could be a per-user setting in Control Panel, unless that wouldn't work out.

Comment

I support this idea!
      A filter for automatic separation of german and english references would be a good thing!

Comment

steve,

What is your response to this idea? Can you do it?

Comment

Hi,

the only way to do that is different usergroups:

German - English (open, or closed groups)

So if you´re in the English group the search function likely won´t show you any German threads. Same for the German group.

I can arrange that... have to think about it, what´s the easiest way to create these groups + right management!

More information in a few days!

Greetings,

steve

Comment

OK, thanks for looking into that!

Comment

Working...
            X