X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Display Small Image Without Black Background

8/3/2007 9:35:31 AM

Hi:

Using Irfanview 4.0 with XP Media Center 2002, Toshiba Satellite laptop. I wish to display a jpg with a size of 400x400, on screen center.

The pic is displayed on center nicely with a black background . I would like to be able to display (via command line switch) just the jpg : shown against the desktop background.

I can't see any way to ensure this.

Thanks in advance.

-Ed

Hi ed9799,

I believe IrfanView can't do that.

Laurent
    Before you post ... fill in your OS and IV version in your profile.

Comment

Is the /hide switch the one you are looking for?

Comment

Originally posted by Laurent View Post
        Hi ed9799,

I believe IrfanView can't do that.

Laurent

8/4/2007 8:14:30 AM

Irfranview 3.99 which came out last April Did. Unless my 3.99 ddownload had a glitch.

The irfanview display came up jpg size against the desktop background. There seemed to be an instability or "jumpiness" to the display as the jpg came up though. This jumpiness caused me to go to the forum, where I found out about 4.00 I downloaded it installed, and found this black background every time (but detect no "jumpiness" to the display as jpg is brought up).

If I have to I will live with it, I want to use Irfanview to display animated gifs.

It knows how to loop them (just like a browser knows).

MPlayer can display a once thru on the gif, and asking MPlayer to loop has problems.

Thanks for any help you can give,

-- Ed

Comment

Originally posted by midora View Post
          Is the /hide switch the one you are looking for?
          8/4/2007 8:21:57 AM
          Midora -

I use the hide switch set at 15 to hide all. I want to be able to display cleanly! I bring up Irfranview in a script from the commandline (vbs scripting using WScriptHost 5.6).

For me "cleanly" would also me small and simply, (being able to place the small animated gif anywhere I choose on the display (by also using the \pos switch) against any background (like a document, or the desktop or adobe reader etc.)

Something changed between 4.00 and 3.99. My same batchfile with the same switches being used, are bringing up Irfranview in a new way.

I would go back to 3.99, but I could not tolerated the jumpiness to the screen.

Thanks - Ed

Comment

Uninstalled 4.00 Re-installed 3.99

8/4/2007 9:54:30 AM

Sure enough it makes an Irfanview window the same size as the jpg.

Maybe I will live with the slight screen jump as it displays it.

Would love to hear some answers on this stuff though.

-Ed

Comment

Hi Ed,

Originally posted by Ed9799 View Post
              Irfranview 3.99 which came out last April Did.
              How did you do that? If I know, I can try with current version and an older on another computer.

Laurent
              Before you post ... fill in your OS and IV version in your profile.

Comment

Working...
              X