X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sort files on slideshow / preview

Hello!

It would be an extremely useful feature if it was possible to select the sort order for pictures to be displayed in full screen mode or in slideshow. I often have some photos from two or three cameras and would prefer to see them by date/time rather then by name.

Regards,
    --
    mfx (Marcin Floryan)

Hi mfx!
    But you can choose the sort order in
    Options -> Sort directory files > by Name
    by Size
    etc.
    You can choose even ascending or descending mode and this works in full screen mode as well as browsing. I forgot to mention that I tested in version 4.00....
    Best regards,
    Vizitator

Comment

That is not what mfx (and me) wanted:

Order by "Date picture taken" ist not (yet) possible. This should be possible as well in "normal mode" (casual viewing and slideshows) as in "batch conversion" dialog. This is essential, if the user wants to rename files based on the date the picture was taken and - however - the files names after downloading the pictures from the device are scrambled!

Comment

Thumbnail View, Sort by Exif Date, Select All, Start slideshow with selected files.

Is that what you want?
        Before you post ... Edit your profile • IrfanView 4.62 • Windows 10 Home 19045.2486

Irfan PaintIrfan View HelpIrfanPaint HelpRiot.dllMore SkinsFastStone CaptureUploads

Comment

Yes, but...

For the slideshow this will work, but as far as I see, this does not work for Batch-Renaming?!?

Comment

What about start batch operation with selected files?
            Before you post ... Edit your profile • IrfanView 4.62 • Windows 10 Home 19045.2486

Irfan PaintIrfan View HelpIrfanPaint HelpRiot.dllMore SkinsFastStone CaptureUploads

Comment

OK: You win. I see, it's possible.

But why is the possibility to sort files by EXIF-date not implemented everywhere but only in thumbnails view?

Comment

Originally posted by comdoxx View Post
                But why is the possibility to sort files by EXIF-date not implemented everywhere but only in thumbnails view?
                Why are human beings never satisfied? All programs have limits. Implementing new features would be that much more complex if they had to be available everywhere. Every feature added increases the probability of bugs, which all have to be tested for and fixed, or people complain, “Why was this buggy software released?”

Just be happy that you can do what you want to do, at no cost to you.

Comment

Working...
                X