Window positioning

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Window positioning

I came across this issue, not really sure if it's a bug, but the program is behaving differently than previous versions.

Whenever I close IV in a maximized window or move to the next image, the window no longer defaults to fitting itself to the picture upon opening the next image.

What option is seit in View, Display Options?

Also: check the options in Tools, Properties, Viewing, Window.

/Mod: Moved from the Bugreports forum
    Before you post ... Edit your profile • IrfanView 4.62 • Windows 10 Home 19045.2486

Irfan PaintIrfan View HelpIrfanPaint HelpRiot.dllMore SkinsFastStone CaptureUploads

Comment

Hi,

as Bhikkhu said, it is not a bug -> it´s a standard bahaviour of IrfanView , try to play around with the view options

steve

Comment

I have it set to fit window to image.

It may be a standard, but it's a new one. I still have IV 3.99 installed on my other machine with the same settings and it doesn't do this. Unless this has just been a 'Remember the last window size/position' bug that's been around for so many years I just figured that's how it was supposed to be.
        Last edited by Red Frog; 09.08.2007, 01:53 AM.

Comment

If you have "Remember last window position/size" checked, it certainly is not going to fit to the image every time. It does what you tell it to the best of its ability. Software is more logical than humans - most of the time LOL
          Its: Belongs to "It"
          It's: Shortened form of "It is"
          ---------------------
          Lose: Fail to keep
          Loose: Not tight

---------------------
          Plurals do not require apostrophes

Comment

Right. I think humans should try to be be ahead of software logic to act properly.
            Rest In Peace, Sam!

Comment

If you are often browsing in full screen mode, you should try unselecting the 'Fit window to image' mode. Also unselect the 'Remember the last window size/position. Especially when handling larger images than your monitorscreen. After loading you allways see your image on a 1:1 scale in the windows-mode, where you can scroll with the arrow-keys (or the right mouse button) and after an Enter you'll see the whole picture (nicely sampled to your screen measures). Images that are smaller than your screen you could (if needed) handle with the F-key. No surprizes anymore, allways the same appearance. I work this way for years now and with great satisfaction.

Comment

Working...
              X