No announcement yet.

Print Dialog "Save Settings" button?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Requested Print Dialog "Save Settings" button?

It would be very handy if it were possible to change settings in the print dialog without printing an unwanted page or having to manually edit the ini file.

For example, if I check the "Center Image" box for 1 particular print job, I would like to be able to uncheck it after printing so that I won't forget to do so the next day when I print something again. Same with the "number of copies" box - I change it to more than 1 copy sometimes and forget about it until my next print job spits out 5 extra unwanted copies.

But as it is, the only way to change the setting is to change it and print out a page I don't want to print - you can't make a change and cancel out of the print dialog. (or edit the ini by hand)

I'm not sure how this would best be implemented.

There could be a "Save changes" button on the print dialog that would needed to be clicked for any changes to be saved in the INI.

That would actually work pretty well if it could be done. One could make all sorts of temporary printing changes for a single print job, but if not "saved" via the new button, those changes would only apply to that one print job.

That would be especially handy if it applied to the printer selection too - I sometimes change printers for a single printout (like printing to a fax driver or a network printer that might be offline later) and then forget to change back. With the "save" button approach, my default printer would always be my default printer.
Working...
X