No announcement yet.

Irfan Printer (Virtual printer driver)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Requested Irfan Printer (Virtual printer driver)

Hello folks,

What about a printer driver installed with Irfan?
    When you need to print to JPG, BMP or any other Irfan supported format
    there will be the irfan printer to help you out!!!

No drivers needed. All it would really take, I think, would be a touch to the windows registry, to put a "Print with IrfanView" command in the context menu. It could be added to the installation routine and to the prefs (Properties dialog) in the same area as the "add to sendto" et cetera so one could add it as an afterthought. Then you click right and left and the IV print widow would pop up right away and off we go.
    Its: Belongs to "It"
    It's: Shortened form of "It is"
    ---------------------
    Lose: Fail to keep
    Loose: Not tight

---------------------
    Plurals do not require apostrophes

Comment

Yep, the context menu could be fine.
      But it has consequences 'in its context'..
      Because 'Print with..' will be something like 'Open with..' or 'Send to..', all having sub-choices, depending on actual file-format. The other apps as well could have this, like 'Print with Paintshop Pro'. But that's upto widows level I suppose.

But I really don't see any gain in this.
      'Enter' on a file to open IV and then 'Ctrl-P' to print are two actions.
      Right-click on the file and then left-click to pick 'Print with..' are also two actions.

Edit : This function could be added to the Shell Extensions app, together with the 'convert to..' menu.
      Last edited by Sam_Zen; 07.08.2007, 01:53 AM.
      Rest In Peace, Sam!

Comment

I would just hack the registry myself if I wanted it that way.

Actually, the handiest way to go is to put a batchfile in SendTo with the /print option. One could make one for each printer, with /print="name of printer" - thus also avoiding mishaps if one changed default printers and forgot about it (I know I would, ack)

"D:\Grafix\Irfan_View\i_view32.exe" "%1 /print"
        worked fine for me, but it would be nice if the print options dialog were available. No way my idiotic old Lexmark is going to handle anything the way I want it to without special instructions from smarter software. Of course one could refine it by using a special INI file too ( /ini="dir" )

All that won't help the average point-and-click user much, and it does take some extra time.
        Its: Belongs to "It"
        It's: Shortened form of "It is"
        ---------------------
        Lose: Fail to keep
        Loose: Not tight

---------------------
        Plurals do not require apostrophes

Comment

Working...
        X