1 click cropping

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

1 click cropping

I'm looking for software to crop digital camera jpg's to fit my 1080p TV - 1920x1080 pixels. It should have a mouse movable "frame" of 1920x1080 that I can hover over the jpg and with 1 click crop it to that size.

That particular size is not in IrfanView's list of presets, but you can enter your own custom values and save them for reuse. Shift C will create a custom selection.

You can also set the x,y co-ordinates of the top left corner. Then move it with the right mouse button inside the selection or with Shift + cursor keys for precise positioning.
    Before you post ... Edit your profile • IrfanView 4.62 • Windows 10 Home 19045.2486

Irfan PaintIrfan View HelpIrfanPaint HelpRiot.dllMore SkinsFastStone CaptureUploads

Comment

1920x1080 is 16:9 ratio which is one of the custom crop presets.

Comment

That's right!

You can use:

Comment

While cropping would give you a complete frame and larger image on your TV, you may not want to. Generally when you took the picture you probably framed the shot on the camera, so cropping could be quite distructive to your shots. I would look on the camera and see if there is a widescreen setting for resolution, if you want to start shooting photos like this.

For your other photos, you can batch process them, which would be far faster than cropping each one at a time. You can resize them to 1440x1080 if they were 4:3, and, if need be, add a black canvas of 240px to the left and right side. But, you'd have to ultimately decide if you really want a pillarboxed image that would show the whole picture, or the cropped form-fitting 1920x1080. Sometimes a windowboxed look is better, too.

Comment

Working...
          X