Spam

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Spam

Since I subscribed to this forum, I receive spam e-mails on my address... It's really a shame, I thought I could trust you...

Hi,

i think there´s no direct connection between registering at this forum + spam in your mail account.

mail addresses won´t be given away from this forum!

steve

Comment

It must be a coincidence with something else. Can't confirm this.
      Rest In Peace, Sam!

Comment

It has to be a coincidence, you must have given your address somewhere else -- OR someone else may have done you the favor by sending you an e-card or forwarding something. Or your e-mail provider is the latest target of spammers that generate millions of random addresses in hopes of hitting some. Or your address is in some online contacts list that has been compromised -- someone who has e-mailed you in the past let something in. There are many ways to get slammed with spam. This forum is not a risk, IMO. I have been a member for quite a while with no spam increase.
        Its: Belongs to "It"
        It's: Shortened form of "It is"
        ---------------------
        Lose: Fail to keep
        Loose: Not tight

---------------------
        Plurals do not require apostrophes

Comment

Since my inscription to this forum I receive German and international spam... That's one hell of a coincidence...

Comment

Originally posted by dvds View Post
            Since my inscription to this forum I receive German and international spam... That's one hell of a coincidence...
            I have to apologize, it was one hell of a coincidence, but the spam actually started a couple of days before me coming to this forum. Sorry for the accusations.

Comment

steve,

Does this mean you can restore Who's Online to the forum? Thanks.

Originally posted by dvds View Post
              I have to apologize, it was one hell of a coincidence, but the spam actually started a couple of days before me coming to this forum. Sorry for the accusations.

Comment

Hi,

could you please write me a pm? `cause i don´t understand what you mean

steve

Comment

Fixed

Can´t remember why i turned off that feature...

steve

Comment

Glad your Spam problem did not begin at this Forum...

Personally, my Spam mails continue to be at an unbearably high level: joining this Forum hasn't caused a surge. You're fortunate ( or unfortunate, I don't know! ) in that you get spam in languages you can identify at least: I get Spam in languages I've no clue about, for body parts I don't even have, amongst other stuff!

A 2008 study by Nucleus Research, a US-based Market Research organization, throws some startling facts to the fore: two out of every three e-Mails received by people in the US is Spam. It is worse in organizations, where over 90% e-Mail received by the employees is Spam!

Now, it takes 16 seconds on an average to read, classify and delete a Spam mail. This translates into a loss of $712 per employee per month, in terms of lost productivity. The total loss to US organizations alone, the study concludes, is a staggering US$ 70 billion!
                    Here is an informed White Paper on Spam
                    The above is not a quote of anything anyone has said in here, I'm only using the "QUOTE" feature to highlight what may be interesting/ useful information, from a reliable source...

As for me, I have definitely not received even a SINGLE extra Spam mail, after joining the IrfanView forum! I'm grateful to the Forum Admin for not giving my e-Mail away!
                    Last edited by WellOiledPC; 05.09.2009, 07:49 AM.
                    Download IrfanView Help Manual from:
                    IrfanView Website - Here
                    Sam_Zen's Website - Here
                    Author's Website - Here

Comment

Working...
                    X