Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Making blog-header help.!

Hi,
    A day before,.. I discover Irfan and I can just say:very grat program (!)for the pictures with just 1,1MB.there is so many possibilities I just started to study it.
    I need a help with little instructions how to make header with Irfan for Blog of my friend that I am managing:
    http://ljubodragsimonovic.wordpress.com/
    This is the hearer for experiment:

800*150 pixels

And in this empty header red background color...

800*150 pixels

I should put this between the pictures,or somethinh like that....

The header must look something like this,but much better...

The suitable dimensions of header for the blog must be 690*115 pixels,and their must be border line arond header and around both pictures also..

If someone help me with instruction to make this suitable header I will be grateful...
    thanks
    Last edited by dzonson; 10.08.2007, 11:56 AM.

Is this usable? (see attachment)
    Attached Files

Comment

Hey @Sjef...
      Thanks a lot friend... !

Have you done it with Irfan...?

cheerio...

Take a look blog

Comment

OK, you choose the red one. I would have guessed... Allways willing to help a guy who tries to save the earth. No, I used Photoshop. Your Comic-image could be a lot smaller though. I used IrfanView to reduce it: Save as progressive JPG (80), than loaded again and Blurred (24). Than saved progressive again (80). It could be smaller, but this is a nice compromis (if you should use it of course). And thanks to set me on the path to SnapShots! I look into it and will maybe use it.
        Attached Files

Comment

Sjef
          The choice was made Simonović,not me,but I rather prefer the other heder.
          Will you please do just one more thing...

Send me here a 2-3 headers with different background expressive colors (blue,yellow,green) and with different adequate letters colors..somethin like in atachment but better,becouse I did it with Irfan.
          Simonović like expressive colors,and maybe he will choose a new header

For the SnapShots...you can use it of course...
          Attached Files

Comment

There you are. Lots of succes with this Simonović!
            Attached Files

Comment

I apreciate Sjef Your header-work for Simonović,and thanks a lot for trhat!
              I hope that word of Simonović will make a point...

Comment

Sjef...
                I hope I do not bother You...
                Definitely Simonović choose the heder in this atachment,but he wish that the letters of his name "Ljubodrag Duci Simonović" to be in the same font as the title "Destroy Capitalism - Save the Planet !",..the same color,white,and the same size of letters,and that's it...
                I will do it by myself,but Irfan can not tipe letter "ć" just "c"..what to do...
                But Yes... Irfan is great program!..

Comment

His ć is a problem indeed! I like problems but so far I didn't solve this. I had to search on the internet and asked at the Dutch Language Union if there's a special key combination for this (this week I'll get the answer). I ones read a tip about a key combination ?hard accent? that can be put on all vowels. You seems you worked this out in our forum; how did you produce this ć into your reply? The font of the forum is Verdana and there's no ć in it. The font of the newest headers is Cooper. I placed the accent (a small rectangle) seperately above the c and the ć in this reply is a copy of your's.

Comment

Thanks Sjef
                    Simonović finally has choosed this header you made for him and in first atachment is a little gift for you,that is ilustration from Simonović's newest book:"A NEW WORLD IS POSSIBLE".
                    You seems you worked this out in our forum; how did you produce this ć into your reply? The font of the forum is Verdana and there's no ć in it. The font of the newest headers is Cooper. I
                    In second atachment is my ilustration-explanation for you for our free legal program called "Srpskey" and now you will know how I typed letter "Ć".I just installed this 35KB. program in my computer,and when I typewrite:

"c+x"...I get "č"
                    "z+x".........."ž"
                    "s+x".........."š"
                    "c+q".."our".."ć"...
                    "d+q"..........."đ"

Of course You dont need to install this program because You do not use our alphabet,but if you want to try,follow instructions in second atachment where to click to download this program. You should know this...

In some cases when people try to install this program his AV programs report that there is some virus,but it is not....! This program is free and legal , without any viruses,spyware..etc...but probably that is some kind "Windows-reaction"
                    But that is in some cases,..usually there is no any problem during instalation..

However..that program did not help me when I tried to typewrite "č" it always display "c" and also when I use Windows font for our alphabet "č.ć.š,ž..." Irfan displays "c..s...z"...
                    Anyway..You can use this program for some experiment,and challenge to solve problems...

Good luck in solving problems and development!
                    Attached Files
                    Last edited by dzonson; 13.08.2007, 07:24 PM.

Comment

Dear dzonson. Thanks for the graphic ?a new world?. I collect all sorts of images and this one is a welcome addition. I'm also very pleased with your tip about the little srpskey-tool. I've installed it and it does the job tiptop in many Windows programs and applications too. For instance Photoshop and in Xara X! It's only 2 kb in memory and via Taskmanager (Ctrl+Delete) you can shut it off. I like these little extraordinary tools a lot, maybe never use them, but when needed they can save a lot of time. It's a pity indeed IrfanView (and a lot of other programs) doesn't support this feature. In the end I refreshed my memory about the special keys in general and that was great too. Should you ever get a version of Photoshop in future, here's the file to edit (including ?our? real ć ). Lots of succes, dzonson!
                      Attached Files

Comment

If you need to type accented characters it is best to load the right Windows keyboard. If you have special needs, you can use Windows keyboard layout creator to create your own custom keyboards, as I do for Pali Keyboards

I don't much like the idea of using cx to type ć. It is better to use an accent instead of the "c" as the dead key, or some other key which is not much used in normal typing. I use Shift ` as the dead key for acute, so with my keyboard I can type ś with ´ followed by s.

I use the forward slash rather than the hyphen to type macron accent vowels ā ē ī ō ū for this reason, as the hyphen key is used very frequently in normal typing.

Unfortunately, IV only seems to support the ANSI character set for Text input. You can work around it by typing the accent separately, then moving it to the right place with copy/paste.
                        Before you post ... Edit your profile • IrfanView 4.62 • Windows 10 Home 19045.2486

Irfan PaintIrfan View HelpIrfanPaint HelpRiot.dllMore SkinsFastStone CaptureUploads

Comment

Thanks a lot for this nice tip! I do know about the very lot of keyboard-layouts of Windows, but didn't know which keyboard to choose to produce the ć. So I've not searched there. To produce ANSII characters I allways use the Alt+figure combination (not all by heart of course). Your link to the Pali-Keyboards is very interesting and I go and look into it. I couldn't find how to produce a [ đ ] although I won't need this character never in my life. Now Bhikkhu Pesala is beginning to live for me, because of your photograph and the link to your Books. Rather impressive to say the least! Thanks again for your reply.

Comment

I had a problem with blog and did not replayed yesterday..

I am glad Sjef that you are satisfied with Srpskey-tool and with the graphic ‘a new world’.The "Srpskey" tool can be very useful,and for me is esier to use this tool then the right Windows keyboard.
                            I have both installed,but I am using "Srpskey" all the time,but in some cases when this little tool can not help,I am using appropriate Windows keyboard.
                            Thanks for the good wishes,and I also wish you a lots of succes in you work..!
                            It have been pleasure to me to hob-nob with You and other people here..!
                            Thanks..!

Comment

Hi Sjef,my header savior....

Hi Sjef,my header savior....!

I am making a new,better blog on Blogger for my friend,because in Blogger I can use some JavaScripts and "WordPress" do not alow Java Script.For now,I am experimenting with colors,look this:

The red body background red color is:"#FF0000" and if you decide to make this new header make it be header red color the same "#FF0000".

The dimension of new header should be 710*118 pixels.
                              The problem of header red color in the new blog is thet I just extended header dimension from existing blog , from 690*115 to 710*118" and the red color in new blog become somehow "dumb".

Yoa can use for work this previous original header 800*150 pixels :

The title is the same:

“Ljubodrag Duci Simonović
                              Destroy Capitalism – Save the Planet !”

Thanks,all the best for You and all IrfanView members, cheerio..!
                              Last edited by dzonson; 11.01.2008, 02:50 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X