Slideshow audio formats

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Slideshow audio formats

Someone in the support asked for the playback of sound and vision with a JPEG file and a WAV.
    I thought this could be handled with the Slideshow function, but it couldn't.
    Things got stuck, no sound was played, although the WAV format was associated with IV, external or internal player.
    I consider this as a bug, because formats like MP3 or OGG are functioning well in this situation.
    Rest In Peace, Sam!

Works fine here! Wave file 8.5 MB (from SONY) with some JPG's. No need to associate Wav with IV.

Comment

Still can't get it correct. Used a 16-bit 44k stereo WAV with a JPG.
      So what's your file-order and the Slide advancement and options settings ?
      Rest In Peace, Sam!

Comment

For this answer I've imported a 16 bits Wav file (13.4 MB) into IV's Slideshow dialog with a few JPG's (3.2 MB each). The wav file must be on top of the list. At the Slideshow dialog the File types must read 'All files (*.*)'. In my earlier reply I tested this with very small Wav files and it worked. But now I had to wait (looking at a black screen) for the Wav file to be played fully before the next file showed on the screen. Then I imported an Mp3 on top of the list, so above the Wav file. This resulted in Mp3 background music together with the Wav file playing life, waiting to fully played before the JPG was shown. So it seems it doesn't work the way you want it to work.

Comment

Yep, that's what I meant. The JPG shouldn't show up after the soundfile is played, but should start right away.

Btw it's nice to know that the slideshow is capable of playing two (possibly even more) soundfiles simultaneously.
          Could be useful in some circumstances.

Size of a bitmap doesn't matter here so much, it's the setting of time advancement.
          This has to be investigated further, but the main point is, that a WAV file behaves different than a MP3.
          Rest In Peace, Sam!

Comment

Working...
          X