Transparent GIFs Not Transparent

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Transparent GIFs Not Transparent

I created a transparent GIF of the same image in both Adobe Elements and in Paint Shop Pro. Neither background is transparent in IrfanView. When put on a webpage they're both transparent.

Why aren't they transparent in IView?

Why do you think that they are not transparent in Irfan View?
    Try changing the Main Window colour in Properties, Viewing.
    The transparency will be replaced by the window colour.
    IIRC black is the default.
    Before you post ... Edit your profile • IrfanView 4.62 • Windows 10 Home 19045.2486

Irfan PaintIrfan View HelpIrfanPaint HelpRiot.dllMore SkinsFastStone CaptureUploads

Comment

Originally posted by Bhikkhu Pesala View Post
      Why do you think that they are not transparent in Irfan View?
      Uhh . . . That was my question.

Try changing the Main Window colour in Properties, Viewing.
      The transparency will be replaced by the window colour.
      IIRC black is the default.
      I use gray as the main window background color.

Comment

What I mean is, if the main window colour is grey and the transparent colour is grey, then you will see a grey background. If your background is white, then you should see white, not grey.

What is the setting in Properties, JPG/PCD/GIF for "Show transparency for non-animated GIFs too" ?
        Before you post ... Edit your profile • IrfanView 4.62 • Windows 10 Home 19045.2486

Irfan PaintIrfan View HelpIrfanPaint HelpRiot.dllMore SkinsFastStone CaptureUploads

Comment

Now that I know somebody reads and replies to this forum, here are examples. The file was prepared to be viewed on a black background. [Please don't quarrel with the drop shadow problem, this is just an example of the "it isn't transparent" problem.]

Here's a transparent gif in IView

Here's the same file viewed in FireFox

Comment

Originally posted by Bhikkhu Pesala View Post
            What is the setting in Properties, JPG/PCD/GIF for "Show transparency for non-animated GIFs too" ?
            That was the problem. Thanks.

Comment

Working...
            X