MP43 plugin?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

MP43 plugin?

I have an .avi file that will not load in IrfanView. I always get the error " Video not available, can not find VIDS: Mp43 decompressor". I download the newest plugins for IrfanView, but this file still will not load. Is there another plugin that I need and where would I find this plugin for IrfanView?
    Last edited by dufoe; 27.05.2009, 06:39 PM.

Originally posted by dufoe View Post
    I have an .avi file that will not load in IrfanView. I always get the error " Video not available, can not find VIDS: Mp43 decompressor". I download the newest plugins for IrfanView, but this file still will not load. Is there another plugin that I need and where would I find this plugin for IrfanView?
    AVI in itself does not define the internal format of either the video or sound used. The AVI file format is used as a 'container' which can hold video and audio data of many different types. While IrfanView does support some AVI playback features, it relies entirely on the directshow video and audio Codecs you have installed on your computer to handle both video and audio rendering.

This has nothing to do with the IrfanView-specific plugins, but depends only on the media Codecs you have installed for your OS.

Generally speaking, it will always be impossible for IrfanView to playback any AVI that you can not also play in the normal media player of your OS, and in some cases it might not work with some AVIs even if they can be used in that player (because some Codecs may be 'quirky'/bugged depending on Microsoft player specifics).

Most likely your problem can be solved just by installing one of the many multi-Codec packs available, though I can't be sure without knowing more about your AVI. (Did you check it with the 'GSpot' utility or other AVI tools?)

Best regards: dlanor
    Last edited by dlanor; 28.05.2009, 02:23 PM.

Comment

Agreed with dlanor. It's not a IV-prob, but a system one.
      AVI indeed has some tricky variants lately. As the mentioned "Mp43 decompressor", it's a matter of codecs.
      A nice free package, solving most of such probs is the K-Lite one :
      The K-Lite Codec Pack is a collection of codecs and related tools who are needed for encoding and decoding (playing) audio and video.
      Rest In Peace, Sam!

Comment

Working...
      X