Cannot view .swf's

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cannot view .swf's

I installed it and the plugins. Before i installed the plugins it said it was missing the needed .DLL file, so i got it and now it just shows me this

Hi Natsu,

I tried with a SWF here and everything was OK. Is it possible your versions of IrfanView and of the plugins are not the same?

Laurent
    Last edited by Laurent; 24.08.2007, 07:42 PM.
    Before you post ... fill in your OS and IV version in your profile.

Comment

The IV flash library plugin can't handle the newest flash files. You must install the latest flash driver (codec). http://www.adobe.com/shockwave/downl...ShockwaveFlash

Comment

When i follow that link it just wants to install the plugin for my browser?

Edit: I closed my browser and opened it straight from the saved location, and it acted like it installed. So i restarted, and it still doesn't work.
        Last edited by Natsu; 24.08.2007, 05:23 PM.

Comment

Hmm, I'm not sure, but isn't a browser plugin something else than a codec ?

IV now has "Flash.dll" and "Flash4.dll". But it is also capable of showing things from Flash version 5 afaik.
          And do mind : SWF files can have all kinds of embedded protection in it.

Edit: If you don't like the confusions of installing on-line, as I do, you can find Flash Player 9.0.47.0 also at the H.Edskes Final Builds site:
          Adobe Flash Player lets you view animation and entertainment on the Internet. Flash is needed for many webapplications.
          Last edited by Sam_Zen; 25.08.2007, 03:20 AM.
          Rest In Peace, Sam!

Comment

Originally posted by Sam_Zen View Post
            Hmm, I'm not sure, but isn't a browser plugin something else than a codec ?

IV now has "Flash.dll" and "Flash4.dll". But it is also capable of showing things from Flash version 5 afaik.
            And do mind : SWF files can have all kinds of embedded protection in it.

Edit: If you don't like the confusions of installing on-line, as I do, you can find Flash Player 9.0.47.0 also at the H.Edskes Final Builds site:
            http://finalbuilds.edskes.net/flashplayer.htm
            Well seeing as im the one who created the .swf, i doubt i would put any form of protection on it to block me from seeing it.

I followed the link you told me and it just does the same thing as the previously given link. It doesn't install it as a plugin for a browser but as the actual player for windows. But again, nothing happens.

Comment

Peculiar. I just installed it, and it indeed upgraded my browser flash-player to ver 9. So maybe I should mention using Firefox.
              But of course this doesn't make any difference in the performance of IV.
              Rest In Peace, Sam!

Comment

It seems very difficult to get the flash-player 9 as a program that only installs the ?codec?. I have one, downloaded from a Chinees site, but now this doesn't work anymore, because it's become a link to Macromedia. Does your SWF file play after drag'n dropping to IE? Here's a nice little SWF-player that also supports FLV files.
                Attached Files

Comment

I have one, downloaded from a Chinees site, but now this doesn't work anymore
                  You should be careful here, maybe use your spyware scanner. After a search for 'flash9.dll' I found this :

The FlvPlayer is of Chinese origin too..
                  Rest In Peace, Sam!

Comment

Thanks for your anxiety Sam. I know one must be careful. Though I didn't download ?flash9.dll?, but this file: install_flash_player_9_active_x.msi. It's 4.7 MB and when I look into Configuration dialog, it came originally from Adobe.

Comment

Ok. And I didn't install the active_x version, but the other one.
                      This is because I don't like Active_X, because it's made to disturb the Sun Java concept, and take over as being the default.
                      Rest In Peace, Sam!

Comment

That's a new subject to think about. Thanks. (Untill now I didn't make allowance for that possibility). I keep this in mind as an important issue.

Comment

Working...
                        X