Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

jump back

I have a request.
    If, at a certain post I click on an attached thumbnail to view the real picture, all goes fine.
    But if I click the back button of my browser (FF), the URL jumps back to the main forum of such a thread.
    Is it possible to just jump back to the appropriate post of that topic again ?
    Rest In Peace, Sam!

You should click the little "x" to the upper right of the image. Or just click the black background.
    Its: Belongs to "It"
    It's: Shortened form of "It is"
    ---------------------
    Lose: Fail to keep
    Loose: Not tight

---------------------
    Plurals do not require apostrophes

Comment

... or press Esc.

Comment

Hi,

i noticed that behavior - just click on "X" or click outside the picture!

greetings,

steve

Comment

Oddly though, if you are previewing a post that you are about to send and open an attachment there to check it, then you do have to use the browser back arrow to get back to what you have written. That has caught me out several times.

Comment

Originally posted by Mij View Post
            Oddly though, if you are previewing a post that you are about to send and open an attachment there to check it, then you do have to use the browser back arrow to get back to what you have written. That has caught me out several times.
            Don't like this either. What I do when I'm working on something important is use the modifier keys that change browsing behavior in many browsers. For Firefox, CTRL+Clicking a link will force a new tab, SHIFT+Clicking will force a new window, and SHIFT+CTRL+Clicking will force a new tab and either switch to it immediately or load it in the background (depending on your tab options). You can also usually get these options by right-clicking a link, too.

You really have to watch out for a search replacing your work, if you don't have searches load in a new tab.

Comment

Hi,

ok -> so you wanna have the image in a new tab?

steve

Comment

Sure, that would be useful for me.

Comment

Hi,

i turned off this feature called "lightbox". Now an image is shown in a new tab/window...

steve

Comment

That works great now with the new tab. Thanks steve.

Comment

Working...
                    X