Region Capture Plug-In

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Region Capture Plug-In

the IrfanView plugins page states that RegionCapture is an available plugin. However, it is not included in the plugins file download. Where can I acquire this plugin?

Thank you.

It is included in the standard plugin package that you can download from the IrfanView site.
    Before you post ... Edit your profile • IrfanView 4.62 • Windows 10 Home 19045.2486

Irfan PaintIrfan View HelpIrfanPaint HelpRiot.dllMore SkinsFastStone CaptureUploads

Comment

I downloaded this file and it wasn't in it: http://irfanview.tuwien.ac.at/plugin...lugins_425.zip

Comment

I just downloaded the exe from Sotware.com, and it's not in that package either.

Comment

What more can I say? I downloaded it from Sotware.com and it is there.
          Before you post ... Edit your profile • IrfanView 4.62 • Windows 10 Home 19045.2486

Irfan PaintIrfan View HelpIrfanPaint HelpRiot.dllMore SkinsFastStone CaptureUploads

Comment

Hi,

downloadable from IrfanView´s directory browsing:

Greetings,

Steve

Comment

thank you!

Comment

How to use RegionCapture plugin ???

In the case of many plugins no real documentation is needed, since they often just add the ability to view another picture or document format. But with this region capture plugin that is not the case.

Its purpose is obviously something beyond what the normal IV capture methods allow, in somehow letting the user select an arbitrary rectangular area (not just a Windows window) for capture. And yet I've found no hint whatsoever on exactly how this selection is to be done.

Possibly I missed some documentation on this, but currently I'm completely clueless on how to do it.

Edit:
                I just realized that this might be self-explanatory in v4.25 of IV, since I'm still using v4.23...
                I'll upgrade and see if this clarifies the usage.

Edit2:
                I have now upgraded to v4.25, and like I hoped this did clear up the confusion.
                The capture dialog in this version has a new option for the new capture mode,
                so any other old-version user who gets confused like I did, should just upgrade to clear it up.

Best regards: dlanor
                Last edited by dlanor; 20.06.2009, 03:52 PM.

Comment

I've still got trouble getting this plugin to work!
                  I press C to capture, choose the region option and I get the cross hair. I then select the region and click.
                  Nothing happens! My IV is blank. Can anyone give more precise steps?
                  Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by Paparazzi View Post
                    I've still got trouble getting this plugin to work!
                    I press C to capture, choose the region option and I get the cross hair. I then select the region and click.
                    Nothing happens! My IV is blank. Can anyone give more precise steps?
                    Thanks
                    Rightclick on icon in tray and supply path to IrfanView? Or did you copy the program to your IrfanView folder - in that case no need to supply path, I think.

Edit: What happens if you Ctrl+V, then?
                    Edit2: Hmm... you aren't using the IViewCaptureCompanion.exe, are you?
                    Last edited by Leif; 21.06.2009, 09:07 AM.
                    Get Radio? Sure! - the best Internet Radio Player ever?

Comment

It is a bit odd. When you click on Start after setting up the region capture IrfanView minimizes as with other options but you also get the crosshairs displayed immediately.
                      I found that I had to click Esc to get rid of the crosshairs. That opened the IrfanView window though, so I had to minimize that again manually. Then it worked OK.

Comment

I just started experimenting with it. One other initial capture problem showed up right away. The first region capture after the program is started may cause the window to open partway off the screen. It only happens if the drawn area ends at a certain position, a little hard to reproduce unless the spot has something to mark it. The attached images show the oddly offset window and the "danger zone" -- 1024x768 resolution; in the second one, the cursor is in the hot spot that produced the first image. I made it happen several times, but even with a marker I can't do it consistently.

Odd thing #2: there is a thin strip of the left side of the clip on the right side, just a few pixels wide. That is the same in all region captures.

ETA: Last night I though that the View/window setting had something to do wtih the problem, but it is actually related to the size of the selection. I'm not sure what the minimum size has to be to create the problem. Starting around the center of the screen does it. The end-point is around 40-50 pixels from the right edge.

I don't know if my alternative shell's desktop boundary limits might be affecting it. That will need some testing in a different profile.
                        Attached Files
                        Last edited by matera; 23.06.2009, 03:35 PM. Reason: more info
                        Its: Belongs to "It"
                        It's: Shortened form of "It is"
                        ---------------------
                        Lose: Fail to keep
                        Loose: Not tight

---------------------
                        Plurals do not require apostrophes

Comment

Originally posted by matera View Post
                          Odd thing #2: there is a thin strip of the left side of the clip on the right side, just a few pixels wide. That is the same in all region captures.
                          That is awful. How could that have gone unnoticed by Irfan?

Comment

I was wondering if that side-strip is happening for everyone? It is hard to see unless there is a dramatic difference in color or value between one side and the other.

The off-screen thing is a real devil. Unless I make it happen once on a background with clear markings in the right places, doing it a second time is a bad gamble. In twenty attempts I might not get it. I haven't taken time to fool around much more.
                            Its: Belongs to "It"
                            It's: Shortened form of "It is"
                            ---------------------
                            Lose: Fail to keep
                            Loose: Not tight

---------------------
                            Plurals do not require apostrophes

Comment

The thin strip is odd behaviour indeed. There seem to be a vertical shift of one pixel, two pixels wide :

Rest In Peace, Sam!

Comment

Working...
                              X