default save name

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

default save name

How do I get irfanview to change the default 'Save' or 'Save As' name?

Now it is 'Clipboard..'

I want it to be $T(%d_%m_%Y-%H_%M_%S), the time at which the file is saved.

thx

For screenshots done with IV you can do that. Otherwise, there seems to be no option to change it. We might put this in feature requests
    Its: Belongs to "It"
    It's: Shortened form of "It is"
    ---------------------
    Lose: Fail to keep
    Loose: Not tight

---------------------
    Plurals do not require apostrophes

Comment

Is this about changing the default name, or keeping the date of the original ? I do my screenshots in another way, but
      making a panorama stitch also comes up with a default 'Clipboard..' name. But it can be edited of course before saving.

Getting the string of the date can be achieved by opening the info of the bitmap with 'I', and selecting part of the File date/time string, so you can paste it in the save-dialog as the title.
      If this behaviour should be default ? I don't agree, unless it's a sub-option.
      Rest In Peace, Sam!

Comment

I don't mean it should be default, I mean it should be customizable.

For example, sometimes I need to take +50 screenshots of one movie (using virtualdub). Each time I save a screenshot irfanview chooses Clipboard01, Clipboard02, Clipboard03, etc. as the default name of the saved screenshot.
        I dont want to copy-paste $T(%d_%m_%Y-%H_%M_%S) into that each time. Over +50 to +100 pictures, it takes too much time.

I can't use the irfanview Capture feature either because then I need to batch crop the generated screenshots as they still have the virtualdub's menu in them.

Actually its pretty much the same thing now as I batch rename the Clipboard01, Clipboard02, Clipboard03, etc. into $T(%d_%m_%Y-%H_%M_%S).

I´ll put this in the feature requests as well.

Thanks for the replies.

Comment

Working...
        X