Outline of GIF images

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Outline of GIF images

I downloaded some gif images and when I insert them into a project the outline (border) around the image is visible. Is there a way to remove the outline? Thanks

Use IrfanPaint's floodfill tool. F12 to activate it.
    Before you post ... Edit your profile • IrfanView 4.62 • Windows 10 Home 19045.2486

Irfan PaintIrfan View HelpIrfanPaint HelpRiot.dllMore SkinsFastStone CaptureUploads

Comment

Thank you very much for your help. I am very new to forums and still finding my way round. Will update my profile. Operating system is XP Home SP3 and IV 4.25. Once again many thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by Bhikkhu Pesala View Post
        I have been trying with the floodfill tool but still cannot isolate the image. Need more help please. Thanks

Comment

Try Edit>Auto crop borders (CTRL+SHIFT+Y)

Comment

Originally posted by Bhikkhu Pesala View Post
            Have been practising and have worked it out. The only question now is the gif image is not animated. Also to initially work on the gif image I have been opening it with 'create panorama image'. Please advise if this is where I am going wrong. Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by Kathleen View Post
              Have been practising and have worked it out. The only question now is the gif image is not animated. Also to initially work on the gif image I have been opening it with 'create panorama image'. Please advise if this is where I am going wrong. Thanks
              Er, yes, in two ways.

1) You cannot edit animated GIF images at all in IrfanView
              2) A panorama image is used to join several images side by side or top to bottom. Any animations you add from that dialogue will show only the first frame.
              Before you post ... Edit your profile • IrfanView 4.62 • Windows 10 Home 19045.2486

Irfan PaintIrfan View HelpIrfanPaint HelpRiot.dllMore SkinsFastStone CaptureUploads

Comment

Working...
              X