Plugin Development

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Plugin Development

Is there an API or any support for third-party plugin development? I had a few small IrfanView improvement ideas (or at least things I'd like for my own use) that I'd be happy to write and contribute if there is a method for me to do so. I didn't find find any documentation of this and I noticed that a number of the plugins are specifically mentioned in the interface even when you don't have them, so from that I'm assuming they are more just features built as optional components than a general plugin architecture. I'm hoping that I'm wrong, though. If there is not a way to do plugin development independent of the application itself, is the source available in any form for others to help with development or submit patches? I did notice some people thanked in regards to help with various plugins, so I am hoping that there is some way for me to help.

Originally posted by SparkyB View Post
    Is there an API or any support for third-party plugin development? I had a few small IrfanView improvement ideas (or at least things I'd like for my own use) that I'd be happy to write and contribute if there is a method for me to do so. I didn't find find any documentation of this and I noticed that a number of the plugins are specifically mentioned in the interface even when you don't have them, so from that I'm assuming they are more just features built as optional components than a general plugin architecture. I'm hoping that I'm wrong, though.
    No, you're not wrong. IrfanView does not have a general plug-in API, you have to write to its author (Irfan Skiljan) and propose your idea. Then, after he decides if it's worth adding, you'll decide what bindings must your plugin have with IrfanView (some information can be passed to the function of your dll that starts your plugin, while other via window messages).
    If there is not a way to do plugin development independent of the application itself, is the source available in any form for others to help with development or submit patches?
    No.
    IrfanPaint developer
    The latest stable IrfanPaint version is the 0.4.13.70.
    IrfanPaint is now open-source (released under BSD license).

Comment

Working...
    X