Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

$30 to Save JPG 2000 Images!

Just downloaded latest version.

Tried to save an image but pop up requires payment of $30 to Lurawave to save an image larger than 640 x 480!!!

I never ticked anywhere for this plugin.

Went to iranview in my program files then to plug ins but could not locate lurawave in that folder.

Why have I now got this unwanted plug in and how do I get rid out it?

Are you trying to save as a JPG or a JP2? If you selected JP2 by mistake, then the JPEG2000 plugin will be used. This has always been provided by Lurawave if you installed the plugins.

Comment

Thanks skippy--yes you've sussed it!

For some reason jp2 was selected instead of the jpeg that I always use and I didn't think to check [what a muppett]--it's a relief as the old blood pressure was boiling up a treat-LOL.

Comment

It has been done before. Not a problem.

Comment

You can send $9 to Skippybox and keep the $30 you saved for yourself.
          Before you post ... Edit your profile • IrfanView 4.62 • Windows 10 Home 19045.2486

Irfan PaintIrfan View HelpIrfanPaint HelpRiot.dllMore SkinsFastStone CaptureUploads

Comment

Now there's an idea!

Comment

By the way, I always asked myself why do we have that plugin after the open source community wrote great JPEG2000 libraries. Someone should try to write a replacement for that plugin, it's a shame that to save in JPEG2000 we still have to pay.
              BTW, I once tried to do this, but it's not a really simple thing, and I had no time. Maybe I could try again in these days (although I still have to complete the rewrite of IrfanPaint :P ).
              IrfanPaint developer
              The latest stable IrfanPaint version is the 0.4.13.70.
              IrfanPaint is now open-source (released under BSD license).

Comment

FastStone Viewer will save any file as JPG 2000.
                Before you post ... Edit your profile • IrfanView 4.62 • Windows 10 Home 19045.2486

Irfan PaintIrfan View HelpIrfanPaint HelpRiot.dllMore SkinsFastStone CaptureUploads

Comment

I think we should renew interest in the user-editable list for Save.

add new option: "Use only associated types in 'Save as...' dialog"

Comment

I agree with Mitaly. It's rather silly to obtain a free app like IV and then have to pay for one of the included plugins..
                    The first time I wanted to save a .jp2, I got stuck on the restriction of 640x480. Never used it again.
                    Rest In Peace, Sam!

Comment

I see its $90 now (31/8/2009)!

A program request I'd like to make would be a little warning message about JP2 vs JPG.

Regards

Bob

Comment

Originally posted by bobh View Post
                        A program request I'd like to make would be a little warning message about JP2 vs JPG.
                        The help file advises you to read i_plugins.text for more information about plugins. The text file says:
                        * 28. JPEG2000.DLL - This PlugIn allows IrfanView to read/write JPEG-2000 format.

Note: Third party PlugIn, registration required for saving.
                        There already is a warning message when you try to save an image. The plugin does not automatically take the money from your debit card. If you don't want to pay, and you need this feature, just use FastStone Viewer. For others, who just want to view files, the plugin is useful as it is, and we don't want a warning message every time we open a JP2 file.

Comment

what is the POINT of jp2 anyway..?

seriously.....what IS the supposed benefit of jp2? how is it more glorious than plain old jpg anyway? does it do my laundry? I'm wondering how much irfan is making from lurawave...?

Comment

Originally posted by bohdan View Post
                            seriously.....what IS the supposed benefit of jp2?
                            Comparison of JPG 2000 and JPG

The benefits are not obvious to most people, otherwise it would have caught on by now.
                            Originally posted by bohdan View Post
                            I'm wondering how much irfan is making from lurawave...?
                            How much money Irfan makes for including the plugin is none of your business. It is useful for opening JPG 2000 images, which costs nothing. I presume that he has considerable server expenses to meet in order to provide you with a free program, and he also has to feed his family.

Comment

Originally posted by middenmess View Post
                              Just downloaded latest version.

Tried to save an image but pop up requires payment of $30 to Lurawave to save an image larger than 640 x 480!!!

I never ticked anywhere for this plugin.

Went to iranview in my program files then to plug ins but could not locate lurawave in that folder.

Why have I now got this unwanted plug in and how do I get rid out it?
                              REGEDIT4

[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\IrfanView\Settings]
                              @=""
                              "LuraTechJPEG2000"="no illegal serials in this forum"
                              Last edited by MItaly; 03.12.2009, 07:53 PM. Reason: Serial for the JP2 plugin
                              See ya!

Comment

Working...
                              X