Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Reputation- function

Hi guys

today i switched on the reputation function for this forum!

What is reputation?
    Reputation is a way of rating users depending on the quality of their posts. If the administrators have enabled reputation, then the reputation icon will be visible in posts.
    Reputation may be positive , negative or neutral . Negative reputation may only be given if the administrator has enabled this. Neutral reputation is only given when the person giving reputation does not meet the criteria set by the administrator to affect someone else's reputation.

How do I give reputation?
    To give reputation, click on the reputation icon in the relevant post. This will reveal a form to complete with the reputation type and the reason for giving the reputation. If negative reputation is disabled then it will not be displayed in this form. You may not give reputation for the same post twice.

How do I know what reputation I have received?
    You can view the reputation that you have received in your User CP (User Control Panel) where it is displayed at the bottom of the User CP page. Here you will see the latest reputation that you have received and whether this is positive, negative or neutral. Your total reputation will be shown as series of reputation indicators in your posts and profile. The more positive your reputation, the more positive icons will be shown. The more negative your reputation the more negative icons will be shown.

This function should be used e.g. to thank a user for help etc.

Greetings,

Steve

(Testmode for 1 month)

How come not all of us start with the same reputation? Some members have positive, some neutral.

Comment

Maybe the reputation function donĀ“t like several users

Fixed now: Every user (even moderators, admins) starts with the same reputation (green).

Last edited by stefan; 08.07.2009, 09:59 PM.

Comment

So does one's Reputation go up and down for every vote for/ against, or is for every 10 votes or something?
        Download IrfanView Help Manual from:
        IrfanView Website - Here
        Sam_Zen's Website - Here
        Author's Website - Here

Comment

How about the reputation of the script-programmer who designed this non-issue ?
          Rest In Peace, Sam!

Comment

Yes, I agree with you Sam_Zen. I just voted you an extra reputation point for making that comment!

Comment

Because you agree with me, I gave you a point as well..
              Rest In Peace, Sam!

Comment

I really agree with you both, you deserve a my +1.
                (this thing is getting out of hand )
                IrfanPaint developer
                The latest stable IrfanPaint version is the 0.4.13.70.
                IrfanPaint is now open-source (released under BSD license).

Comment

I didn't deserve that, so you get a - 1.
                  At least I wanted to do that by choosing 'I disapprove'.

But I had to fill in some comment before my choice was accepted.
                  Why isn't an extra comment necessary when picking a positive approval by the way ?
                  So my comment was 'I disapprove', and then my action was confirmed.

I checked My Reputation and saw this :

I wondered : what kind of language is this ? "Your reputation on is Somewhat Positive".
                  Is this translated into Korean, from there into Danish and then back to English, or what ?

Edit : But I don't want to be too cynical. Of course it is made with the best intentions.
                  Sometimes I visit a Circuitbenders forum, where posters can gather more 'Karma'.
                  According to the same priciples of being helpful. So it has its charms.
                  Last edited by Sam_Zen; 28.01.2010, 01:49 AM.
                  Rest In Peace, Sam!

Comment

Originally posted by Sam_Zen View Post
                    I didn't deserve that, so you get a - 1.
                    If you did that, I'd have reported you to the moderators.
                    IrfanPaint developer
                    The latest stable IrfanPaint version is the 0.4.13.70.
                    IrfanPaint is now open-source (released under BSD license).

Comment

Originally posted by Sam_Zen View Post

I checked My Reputation and saw this :

I wondered : what kind of language is this ? "Your reputation on is Somewhat Positive".
                      Is this translated into Korean, from there into Danish and then back to English, or what ?
                      You are probably supposed to read it as "Your reputation on this post is Somewhat positive". That is at least English but I am not sure it is accurate. The rating is surely on all posts, not just on this one.

Comment

MItaly's latest post will surely have brought a smile to your lips, Sam_Zen!

It does make me smile, since you are both Moderators in this Forum!
                        Download IrfanView Help Manual from:
                        IrfanView Website - Here
                        Sam_Zen's Website - Here
                        Author's Website - Here

Comment

Hi,

I disabled that feature - it wasn't used as much as I thought!

Stefan

Comment

Working...
                          X