support 3D PDF

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Requested support 3D PDF

I create a lot of PDF files that have 3D content in the PDF. That's useable in acrobat 7 or 8. I'd really like to be able to see those files in Irfanview. Will this be supported? Thanks!

I'm sorry, nothing personal, but as far as I'm concerned, this would have very low priority.
    It's already complicated for IV to represent a normal PDF, adding the right external plugin/driver, etc.
    I think the demand for IV to be able to this, is a bit over the edge. IV is for audio/graphics files, not for documents.
    Next request could be a demand for a plugin to show Word *.doc files correctly. Or Powerpoint presentations.

By the way : Did you check this 3D content in the PDF with "Foxit" or "PDF-XChange Viewer" ?
    Rest In Peace, Sam!

Comment

Hmm. I don't understand. I work in architecture. We constantly creat6e graphic renderings. But we produce far more 3D PDF files than we do any other kind of graphic format. That being the case, on a project right now I have over the last few months created maybe 30 renderings, and 100 3D PDF files that allow navigation through 3D space. To get a quick contact sheet of all the work produced at once I can use something like IV, except for the fact that most of the conent (all the 3D PDFs) are invisible to IV. What I'm looking for is only the ability to make a contact sheet showing a pretty low resolution image of the initial view contained in the 3D PDF in order to make contact sheets containing all of that content along with all of my other project renderings and photos. I'll check out the other 2 viewers you mentioned.

Comment

Thanks. This explains a lot.
        If you consider this being graphic formats, it's another story, and IV could/should play a role then.
        I'm not familiar with 3D PDF files at all, so maybe this is a stupid suggestion, but sometimes it's more elegant
        to use an extra 'middle' step in the conversion process to achieve something.
        If such a PDF file consists of 'layers', maybe it can be transferred to a layered TIF file, before opening with IV.
        Rest In Peace, Sam!

Comment

Working...
        X