thumbnail crash when avi-file is present

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

thumbnail crash when avi-file is present

when i open a directory with thumbnail browser and there is a avi-file made with my camera (GT-Codec), irfanview crashes. how can i configure irfanview thumbnail not to display avi-files?

Hi droogi,

Viewing AVI requires an IrfanView's plug-in. About problems when plug-ins are involved, see http://irfanview-online.com/vb/showp...29&postcount=3
    Maybe this will help solving the problem.

Laurent
    Before you post ... fill in your OS and IV version in your profile.

Comment

plugins are ok, same version as irfanview. its the codec, that makes irfanview crashing. divx,..-files are played, avi-files (motionjpg/gt-codec) are crashing.
      if i disable avi in preferences-extensions-load customfilestypes it seems to work.
      so i think i can live without the avi-preview thanks for your help

Comment

i think i´d like to delete this discussion or move it to plugins. how to do this?

Comment

Hi droogi,

Only moderators are allowed to delete threads. If you really want this one to be deleted, I'll do it. If you prefer to leave it, I think its best place is this bug reports section, where you posted, rather than plug-ins, because it concerns a problem with IrfanView itself, not an external plug-in. Please let me know what you decide.

Laurent
          Before you post ... fill in your OS and IV version in your profile.

Comment

Working...
          X