Email.dll SEND file by email not working anymore o.O

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Email.dll SEND file by email not working anymore o.O

SEE MY FINAL POST FOR SOLUTION...........

Hello.

I have been using irfanview and the plugins for about 4 years now. I use the send by email function for last 1 year no problem using MAPI .

I have reinstalled irfanview 4.25 and the plugins several times 4.25 now but the following message comes up as attached screenshot.

Its very strange and I am wondering if anyone knows about this?

The german text says message send: failed while sending the message
    Attached Files
    Last edited by andy12345; 24.07.2009, 03:50 PM. Reason: To help others SOLVED

Originally posted by andy12345 View Post
    Hello.

I have been using irfanview and the plugins for about 4 years now. I use the send by email function for last 1 year no problem using MAPI .

I have reinstalled irfanview 4.25 and the plugins several times 4.25 now but the following message comes up as attached screenshot.

Its very strange and I am wondering if anyone knows about this?

The german text says message send: failed while sending the message
    Talk to your service provider. I had a similar problem some time ago.
    Get Radio? Sure! - the best Internet Radio Player ever?

Comment

Errrrrrr, thank Leif.

I don't think I have clarified enough.

The email does not even get to my thunderbird client..ie it does not get through irfanview MAPI
      It's not an ISP issue.

Anyway, the fact that no one has replied with any solution is rather strange and indicates that the problem can't really be too difficult to solve (famous last words lol) :s

Anyway, thanks for trying, Leif, have a nice day

Comment

Never quite figured out why that happens. Some e-mail clients seem to work no problem when leaving the To: field empty, others will produce that error. If you fill in the To: field for the problem clients, then it seems to work OK.

Comment

Process below was used successfully for 1 year until "event" occurred.

The process is as follows:

1) Prtscr to take a screenshot
          2) paste into irfanview - do any mods
          3) Irfanviews options menu/send by email (plugin email.dll)
          4) Until the "event" occurred, MAPI option was always able to push the image as an attachment to thunderbird.
          5) I then type the email subject and body, if I want and click send

All works, except nowadays it stops at 4.

MAPI is designed to not need an email address as it forwards to your default email app.....

I hope this is even clearer now. It is certainly strange. Check the attached screenie so that you understand that is the irfanview -send as email plugin - display and not an email client...........

I will post for clarity when I have found the answer as I don't really expect an answer as no one has popped up a post that says "yes, do this and this, done!"

Comment

Originally posted by andy12345 View Post
            Check the attached screenie so that you understand that is the irfanview -send as email plugin - display and not an email client...........
            Yes, I know. Some clients don't seem to work so well with the plugin for some reason, unless you fill in the To: field. Doesn't make sense, but that's what I've found.

Comment

It's worked with same configs for 1 year......until the unexplained "event" occurred.

Even though MAPI does not need a TO field, I have tried that, but exactly the same message "in german"! (bit strange don't you think?) as in the screenshot.

I just can't understand it. I know that I will stumble upon the solution if I try enough but I have been dealing with pc probs for many years and it gets a bit boring groan.

Time will tell, skippybox.

Comment

Email.dll "send file by email" not working SOLVED!!!

THIS IS NOW SOLVED!
                (IMAGE ATTACHED TO THIS POST)
                The solution was silly but I expected no less than a ridiculous solution..........
                I was using open office and tried to send an email from it......... It said it could not find an email client.

I have thunderbird on all of the time.........

Today I thought "hmmmmmm. program access defaults may be stuck/issue".

I looked at program defaults and it stated "use my current email client"
                I thought "yeah, that's right, thunderbird!!"
                Anyway, I specifically clicked thunderbird and clicked off outlook express (which I never use)

Now works perfectly, even though when I go back to the default menu, it states "use your default email client" under the CUSTOM section..
                I attach an image to give you the idea...
                Thank goodness, now I can save 10 seconds of my existence each time......LOL.

Like I stated IT was NOT an email client or ISP issue, just the windows relay technique.

Feels good to kick it back into shape and be using the excellent irfanview!!!!!!!!!!!!!!hehehehe
                Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                X