Crop to common photo aspect ratios

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Crop to common photo aspect ratios

It is astonishing that IV does not have a crop feature that includes the common photo cropping aspect ratios (e.g., 4x6, 5x7, 8x10, etc.)

It arguably the most basic task to be performed on a digital photo to prepare it for printing.

I hope this is added (toward the top) of the "official" feature request list. Thanks again for what is otherwise a completely awesome product!

Shift C to make a custom selection, then hold control while dragging to resize the selection.

/Mod: Moved from the Feature Request forum
    Before you post ... Edit your profile • IrfanView 4.62 • Windows 10 Home 19045.2486

Irfan PaintIrfan View HelpIrfanPaint HelpRiot.dllMore SkinsFastStone CaptureUploads

Comment

...and after that Ctrl+Y to crop the photo... As you will know a 15x10 photo has a ratio of 3:2. The crop function of IV gives preference to screen crops. If you prefer all kinds of photo cropping your could download FastStoneViewer 3.2 at http://www.faststone.org/FSViewerDetail.htm

Comment

I checked the 'Create custom selection' aspect ratios. Ok, 5x7 isn't there, but I think that's quite an odd format.
        If such should be possible too, I would prefer an option : 'create custom aspect ratio'.
        I would love to be able to set the aspect ratio to my number : the Golden Section
        Rest In Peace, Sam!

Comment

You can already do that. Just enter 70 x 50 (pixels) or 700 x 500 in the custom selection, then resize the selection with the control key held down.
          Before you post ... Edit your profile • IrfanView 4.62 • Windows 10 Home 19045.2486

Irfan PaintIrfan View HelpIrfanPaint HelpRiot.dllMore SkinsFastStone CaptureUploads

Comment

Working...
          X