Unintentional file jump

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Unintentional file jump

Sometimes, when working with a bitmap, I accidentally touch the scrolling wheel, and suddenly I have another file in front of me. Previous in the dir, or a next one.
    This is quite annoying, but I haven't found a solution for this yet.
    I tried the setting of 'Jump always to next image..etc.' on or off, but it didn't make any difference for this behaviour.
    I want to use 'space' and 'backward' exclusively for these kind of actions, nothing else.
    Rest In Peace, Sam!

+1 ˙˙˙˙˙˙˙˙˙˙˙

Comment

Originally posted by Sam_Zen View Post
      ...This is quite annoying...
      Yes, I agree. This habit should be solved in future. Even when you isolate one file in a folder, the re-reading occures. In Misc 1 there's an option ?Ask to rename if incorrect extension?. I wouldn't mind if that routine is to be used to avoid this scroll drawback on an edited file.

Comment

I can't count all the times I've lost a perfect crop, resize, or effect to a mouse-woopsie. Short of jamming a toothpick into the mouse or taping the wheel while working...I don't know. *sigh* But then one could still bump the spacebar. A "freeze" button - that's what we need!
        Its: Belongs to "It"
        It's: Shortened form of "It is"
        ---------------------
        Lose: Fail to keep
        Loose: Not tight

---------------------
        Plurals do not require apostrophes

Comment

Not a bad idea. Enabling some 'Edit' mode, would auto-imply disabling Next or Previous.

Another odd thing I just found, is the fact, that this only happens when the bitmap is smaller than the screen.
          (supposing the default display mode of 1:1). But when the bitmap is bigger than the screen, the mouse wheel works as it should be imo, a vertical scroll.
          Rest In Peace, Sam!

Comment

That's only if you have Misc.1: "Jump always to next image if Arrow or Page keys (or mouse wheel) pressed" unchecked. I like to use the Page keys for jumping, so I'm stuck with the wheel all the time
            Its: Belongs to "It"
            It's: Shortened form of "It is"
            ---------------------
            Lose: Fail to keep
            Loose: Not tight

---------------------
            Plurals do not require apostrophes

Comment

Yes, I suspected that Misc.1 setting.
              Now you mention it, coupling the Arrow or Page keys to the mouse wheel in one option is kind of an odd construction.
              Rest In Peace, Sam!

Comment

Working...
              X