Alpha Blending to Slideshow

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Requested Alpha Blending to Slideshow

Alpha Blending should be moved from the Properties Tab ?Fullscreen? to the Slideshow dialog. This blending option could be a replacement of ?Suppress errors during playing? (which can be standard). I'd prefer blending in a slideshow than during scrolling in fullscreen modus.

Please, provide me with a tiny tutorial on this, because I have no idea what you're talking about
    Rest In Peace, Sam!

Comment

Ones I asked Irfan to integrate some Transision-effects in a slideshow. He did Alpha Blending (thanks!!) and it works very nice in diashows.

Now the ?tutorial?. Open one of serveral graphics in a folder. Hit Shift+A. The automatic viewing starts playing. The Enter key is the standard switch between normal- and fullscreen modus while viewing.

The slide advancement is to be changed at the Slideshow dialog (W). When you play this kind of ?slideshow?, there is no Alpha Blending.

There is Alpha Blending though during scrolling with the Spacebar/Backspace or arrow keys in Fullscreen mode, but who needs it during this action? So:
      1. The Alpha Blending option is to be choosed at a rather unlogical place (Option/Properties/Fullscreen).
      2. It doesn't work in the automatic viewing mode (Shift+A) and that's what I pleaded for back then.

As for now, there is no place in the Slideshow dialog (W), to put in the Alpha Blending option, so I would scrape the ?Suppress errors...? and (if need be) move it to the ini-file.

Comment

Ah, image transitions, I see.

Shift+A. Another shortcut I never experienced. I'm beginning to feel like a newbie with IV sometimes ..
        So I followed the tutorial.

I agree on 1. and 2.
        Alpha blending shouldn't be only part of Fullscreen mode. After all, it concerns the transition of two bitmaps, not the size.
        But I can imagine technical difficulties with the automatic viewing, because it's just a rough, unprogrammed slideshow.
        Files with maybe different pixel-dimensions, so how to implement a cross-fade ?
        The blending indeed should be a part of the slideshow options. And replacing ?Suppress errors during playing? for this,
        is a clever solution. Is there anyone who doesn't want to suppress errors ?

After experimenting with it, the duration of the blending seems to be fixed somewhere between 1 and 2 secs.
        It would be nice to be able to tune this of course, but that's no priority.
        Rest In Peace, Sam!

Comment

Improving Slideshow/Automatic viewing

It's obvious you've never used IV's handy Shift+A option.
          Originally posted by Sam_Zen View Post
          Alpha blending shouldn't be only part of Fullscreen mode.
          Of course, that's why I wrote:
          Originally posted by Sjef View Post
          There is Alpha Blending though during scrolling with the Spacebar/Backspace in Fullscreen mode, but who needs it during this action?
          That's why I disagree on your next opinion:
          But I can imagine technical difficulties with the automatic viewing, because it's just a rough, unprogrammed slideshow.
          The only difference between ?Automatic viewing? and ?Slideshow? is a file list in the latter.
          After experimenting with it, the duration of the blending seems to be fixed somewhere between 1 and 2 secs. It would be nice to be able to tune this of course, but that's no priority.
          As I wrote before: The slide advancement is to be changed at the Slideshow dialog (W). In the end I don't think this subject is interesting for a lot of (new) IV-users. What a pity.

Comment

Originally posted by Sjef
            The only difference between ?Automatic viewing? and ?Slideshow? is a file list in the latter.
            Basically yes. But in practice there's more to it.
            A slideshow is bound to either fullscreen or a fixed window size, according to the Advanced options.
            If the main view mode is set to the default 'Fit Window to Image', the Automatic viewing follows the original sizes of the bitmaps in the dir. That's why I mentioned 'tech difficulties'. How to blend from 320x240 to the next one of 800x600 ?

The slide advancement is to be changed at the Slideshow dialog (W)
            The setting of the slide advancement has no connection with the blending time. And it shouldn't. Otherwise there's a chance that the blending starts as soon as a picture is shown. Blending should handle the transition, not the showtime.

I don't think this subject is interesting for a lot of (new) IV-users. What a pity.
            I don't care if this doesn't appeal to the masses. I find it interesting, and because I think you've got a point.
            If a function like Alpha Blending is in the package, it should be implemented in the right place.
            Rest In Peace, Sam!

Comment

Originally posted by Sjef View Post
              There is Alpha Blending though during scrolling with the Spacebar/Backspace or arrow keys in Fullscreen mode, but who needs it during this action?
              Meee! Please don't remove this!
              I love this blending effect, but mostly browse the full directory, not using the slidshow mode. So Irfan, please don't remove it from "normal" full screen mode!
              Thanks,
              Klaus
              www.salsaholic.de

Comment

2 salsaholic
                You've got a point there. So it should be And, not Or.
                Rest In Peace, Sam!

Comment

I agree. Though I find the blending too slow for everyday viewing of a directory, it is very nice for a leisurely browse. I would love it in a slideshow.
                  Its: Belongs to "It"
                  It's: Shortened form of "It is"
                  ---------------------
                  Lose: Fail to keep
                  Loose: Not tight

---------------------
                  Plurals do not require apostrophes

Comment

To Sam: OK, if this blending option is to shut off/on in both views it is even better.
                    To matera: yes, too slow and not really workable when browsing. That's why I approached it as a slideshow option only (sorry to salsaholic).

Comment

Working...
                    X