Programming Plugins

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Programming Plugins

This isn't a question about existing plugins, so I figured it should go here rather than in the plugin forum. So sorry if I'm wrong.

I have a few years of experience with C++ programming. Mainly with the Win32 and OpenGL APIs. And I have developed a simple image format that I use a lot. I have also written my own viewer to do simple editing and such with this format. But I really like IrfanView and would love to write a plugin for my own format so I can open, edit and save it in IrfanView (and I would also want to add a few image processing filters).

Now my problem is that, though I have been programming in C++ a lot, I have never once written a plugin for any sort of program, so I have no idea of how to start doing this. Would I need access to the IrfanView source to do this? Or is there some kind of API that I can use?

So if anyone could get me started on this I would appreciate it. Thanks.

As stated on the IrfanView website :
    For developers: If you want to write your own plugins for IrfanView (support for new image formats or effects), please send me an email for details.
    Rest In Peace, Sam!

Comment

Nice, I didn't notice that. Thanks!

Comment

I noticed you have been working with OpenGL. There's a thread going on about it on the Request forum :

A challenge maybe ?
        Rest In Peace, Sam!

Comment

Working...
        X