don't see my posts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

don't see my posts

this is a test. my posts aren't showing anywhere I can see. don't know what I may be doing wrong.

Well I can definitely see this post, and 18 others too, as the Viewers Count says!

The number of posts displayed against your name is 3 Posts. When I ran a search for posts by "newbluebird" I got 3 hits too:

1) http://en.irfanview-forum.de/vb/showthread.php?t=5140
    2) http://en.irfanview-forum.de/vb/showthread.php?t=5140 and
    3) this thread!

Something else wrong??
    Last edited by WellOiledPC; 21.08.2009, 05:53 AM.
    Download IrfanView Help Manual from:
    IrfanView Website - Here
    Sam_Zen's Website - Here
    Author's Website - Here

Comment

Find More Posts by newbluebird

Do you see them yet? See the link on your user name.
      Before you post ... Edit your profile • IrfanView 4.62 • Windows 10 Home 19045.2486

Irfan PaintIrfan View HelpIrfanPaint HelpRiot.dllMore SkinsFastStone CaptureUploads

Comment

I do see them now. It may have taken just a little longer than when I first looked at the new posts in the support forum for them to show up. I did fill in all the info in my profile when I first joined, including OS and IV version. The only thing I left blank was CPU cores? I think. I know what CPU is, but not cores. I don't see it listed in the properties on my computer, don't know how to find it. Thanks.

Comment

The number of cores is actually how many CPUs you have in your microprocessor. You may have only one, but you can have two, three, four, etc.

You can look online at the specifications of your computer, or in the documentation that came with it, to find out. Another way, is to look in Task Manager>Performance Tab [Ctrl]+[Alt]+[Del]. You would have a CPU Usage History Graph for each core if you have View>CPU History>One Graph Per CPU checked. There are other ways and programs to detect them as well.

Comment

Originally posted by newbluebird View Post
            I do see them now. It may have taken just a little longer than when I first looked at the new posts in the support forum for them to show up. I did fill in all the info in my profile when I first joined, including OS and IV version. The only thing I left blank was CPU cores? I think. I know what CPU is, but not cores. I don't see it listed in the properties on my computer, don't know how to find it. Thanks.
            Thats OK, you have filled in the more important info! You would certainly have heard of Core 2 Duo and Dual Core processors - those machines have 2 Cores. You also have Quad Core machines - usually these machines are used as Servers.

The rest are single-core machines... Skippybox's explanation is an easy and effective way to check just how many cores your machine has!

The instructions in Bhikkhu's post are part of his signature. So if you have already filled in your machine and OS and IrfanView details, that's fine!
            Last edited by WellOiledPC; 22.08.2009, 04:02 AM.
            IrfanView Website - Here
            Sam_Zen's Website - Here
            Author's Website - Here

Comment

Originally posted by WellOiledPC View Post
              Thats OK, you have filled in the more important info! You would certainly have heard of Core 2 Duo and Dual Core processors - those machines have 2 Cores. You also have Quad Core machines - usually these machines are used as Servers.

The rest are single-core machines...
              Actually, being aware of the number of cores can be critical, as problems have popped up before concerning them and IrfanView.

Understanding how many cores you have can be confusing with all the lingo manufacturers use. For example, Core 2 does not actually mean two cores, but is more of a branding name. You could have a Core 2 Solo, which only has one core, so the second part of the name is the important part.

Although, to make things worse, even some single core processors may be dual core with the one core disabled! And you can even have cores of your multi-core processor disabled in the BIOS!

It is not untypical to see an AMD triple core or a quad core in home use today. In fact, 6, 8 and 12 cores are going to be produced for business, if not in use already.

Comment

Originally posted by Skippybox View Post
                Actually, being aware of the number of cores can be critical, as problems have popped up before concerning them and IrfanView.

Understanding how many cores you have can be confusing with all the lingo manufacturers use. For example, Core 2 does not actually mean two cores, but is more of a branding name. You could have a Core 2 Solo, which only has one core, so the second part of the name is the important part.

Although, to make things worse, even some single core processors may be dual core with the one core disabled! And you can even have cores of your multi-core processor disabled in the BIOS!

It is not untypical to see an AMD triple core or a quad core in home use today. In fact, 6, 8 and 12 cores are going to be produced for business, if not in use already.
                Indeed, this is GREAT information, Skippybox! Thanks!
                IrfanView Website - Here
                Sam_Zen's Website - Here
                Author's Website - Here

Comment

Working...
                X