Scan using ... not closing after a scan

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Requested Scan using ... not closing after a scan

When scanning, whether I select "Single image" or "Multiple images (Batch mode), after doing just one scan the "Scan using" window closes, and I have to go through the menu selection process to get it back again.

I would like it that once the scan is finished, and the scanned image is either shown in the IV window, or placed in some selected destination directory, that the user sees the "Scan using" window again.
    That would simplify my need for making multiple scans, or even doing multiple tries while playing with the few controls we have (Color, Grayscale, B&W, Custom - where we can adjust brightness, contrast and dpi).
    I wish to die peacefully in my sleep, like my grandfather.
    Not like those passengers, in his car, when he drove over that cliff.

Hi ChuckE! I think this depends also on your scanning software and not only on IV. I am using ScanGear CS, which controls my Canon Lide 80 scanner, and I can assure you that the window remains after every scan (in batch mode - multiple images). I have just to press one button to scan the next image and that's all. Please check your settings in the software, which came with your scanner, maybe there is this default annoying setting.

Comment

I forgot to mention that I don't see any "Scan using" window. In my case after I press Acquire/Batch scanning, the window "Acquire/Batch Scanning - Setup" appears, I press OK button and then I have the window "ScanGear CS" I was talking about before. Maybe in that window of yours named "Scan using" you can set not to close after one scanning. Or better localize in which folder is your software responsible of this window and see if there is any setup program there.

Comment

Working...
      X