Crop to current view

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Requested Crop to current view

Hey Irfan, once again: I LOVE IrfanView! :-)
    One detail that would make life even easier:
    A function to quickly crop the image to the current view. It could be a new shortcut key (like Ctrl Shift Y), or an additional option to the "create custom selection" dialog. I would prefer a direct shortcut key.

The motivation behind this: When preparing my pictures for presentation, I often zoom in to find the best view on my picture, but then I have to go back into window mode and try to select the same part of the image again manually. I just found out about the "create custom selection" dialog, which really helps finding the right ratio for your new pic, but an immediate "crop to exactly what I see now" would be very helpful.

Cheers,
    Klaus
    www.salsaholic.de

Ctrl Shift Y - yes, that would be easy to remember and use, and very handy sometimes. I've had the same idea frequently, that it would be nice to crop to the view - dragging a selection box in a window smaller than the image makes everything slither, and when you shrink it down it's hard to position accurately.
    Its: Belongs to "It"
    It's: Shortened form of "It is"
    ---------------------
    Lose: Fail to keep
    Loose: Not tight

---------------------
    Plurals do not require apostrophes

Comment

Support ++++
      Making use of the Wysiwyg concept.
      Rest In Peace, Sam!

Comment

Originally posted by matera View Post
        Ctrl Shift Y - yes, that would be easy to remember and use, and very handy sometimes. I've had the same idea frequently, that it would be nice to crop to the view - dragging a selection box in a window smaller than the image makes everything slither, and when you shrink it down it's hard to position accurately.
        Had the same experience, IV starts scrolling the image long before dragging the selection box comes close to the window/screen border. So then I loose the exact point where I wanted to crop.

currently running 4.56 / 32 bit

Comment

Working...
        X