PDA

View Full Version : Scanner problem

BirgerB
06.10.2009, 11:09 AM
Hi

I just installed IrfanView 4.25 on a win vista 32bit (swedish) pc.
After installation IrfanView starts by auto and it works fine. I can use my Canon lide 25 scanner and every thing is ok (nice software).

But when I close IrfanView and open it again my scanner is gone and I can't use it???

Every time when I want to use my scanner with IrfanView I have to reinstall Irfanview to recognize my scanner.

Any suggestions to my problem?

Thanks in advance
birger

Bhikkhu Pesala
06.10.2009, 11:48 AM
I doubt whether you need to reinstall your scanner — just switching off the power and switching it on again should be sufficient.

Check the manufacturer's web site for updated drivers.

If none of that works, then don't close IrfanView — just minimise it to the Windows taskbar.

BirgerB
06.10.2009, 02:51 PM
Sorry.. my bad english.
I meant that I have to reinstall IrfanView to get it to recognize my scanner NOT the scanner driver.

The scanner works fine with Canons own software all the time.

I have the latest driver from Canon.

/Birger

Laurent
07.10.2009, 07:40 PM
Hi Birger,

But when I close IrfanView and open it again my scanner is gone and I can't use it???

What makes you say your scanner "is gone"? Do you mean it is no more listed in File | Select TWAIN Source...?

Do you have the same problem with other programs (except Canon software)?

Laurent

Mij
07.10.2009, 09:15 PM
No trouble with v4.25 for me with a Canon Lide60 scanner. AFAIK it uses an almost identical driver to the Lide25. Might even be the same one.

BirgerB
08.10.2009, 06:59 AM
Hi Birger,

What makes you say your scanner "is gone"? Do you mean it is no more listed in File | Select TWAIN Source...?

Do you have the same problem with other programs (except Canon software)?

Laurent

Yes. It is no more listed in File | Select TWAIN Source...?
/ Birger

BirgerB
08.10.2009, 07:30 AM
Only when I install/reinstall IrfanView and IrfanView autostarts as default after installation the scanner is listed among the TWAIN sources.
When I close IrfanView after the Installation and open IrfanView again and look among the TWAIN sources the scanner nerver shows up again.. unless I reinstall IrfanView.
/ Birger

Mij
08.10.2009, 12:24 PM
Can you see the scanner in Control Panel >Scanners and cameras ?

BirgerB
08.10.2009, 03:19 PM
Yes, I can see scanner.
It only dissapear in IrfanView when I close IrfanView the first time after installation.
Second time I open IrfanView it's gone from the TWAIN sources in IrfanView.
Canons own software works flawless all time.

I'll understand now that this isn't a hardware problem.
Probably something between my swedish Win Vista and IrfanView or between Canons driver and IrfanView.
/Birger

Mij
08.10.2009, 07:08 PM
The only Twain key entry in my registry is C:\Windows\Twain_32\CNQL60\CISDS.DS which presumably IrfanView must locate and use each time it needs it. It does not appear to hold that information in i_view32.ini
I would guess that the corresponding entry in your case would be C:\Windows\Twain_32\CNQL25\CISDS.DS

Which prompts me to ask if you are using 64 or 32 bit Vista. I imagine that you probably need to have the 32 bit version of the Canon driver installed for IrfanView to work.

Skippybox
08.10.2009, 08:48 PM
I just installed IrfanView 4.25 on a win vista 32bit (swedish) pc.

ratavaz
01.05.2011, 08:56 AM
Hi,
I'm having exactly the same problem described in the thread usin a Canon MG8150 connected via network interface and using latest Canon drivers.

Have you find out how to address this issue?

Bestr Regards
Paolo