Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

increase speed when read the exif data

Hello!
    I use Irfanview to watch my photos and read the EXIF data but i noticed that is a bit slow to switch from one image to another.
    can speed up the script reading EXIF data?

for me it is essential to look at a picture and read the data. thanks at all!

It seems pretty fast to me. Are you using Shortcut key E to open the EXIF dialog directly without going through the Information dialog first? If you do it that way you can leave the EXIF dialog open as you browse through the images.

Comment

I suspect that supermarino is using the Thumbnail view, and waiting for the popup to appear. Using the shortcut E in the IrfanView window would be a lot quicker, then browse to the next image.
      Before you post ... Edit your profile • IrfanView 4.62 • Windows 10 Home 19045.2486

Irfan PaintIrfan View HelpIrfanPaint HelpRiot.dllMore SkinsFastStone CaptureUploads

Comment

No, when I look at the photos full-screen size, I appear on the screen, the EXIF information (settings - full screen - show text).
        When I look at a picture format CR2 (Canon RAW) there are big problems with speed, while with JPG files seems a bit slower.

Comment

OK, we both got that wrong. How much EXIF data have you asked to display - everything ($E) or just a few tags?
          I am assuming you have tried displaying these files without the EXIF data and then with it and found that they are slower with the EXIF data.
          How much difference does it make? Can you give an estimate in seconds.

Comment

Working...
          X