full screen problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

full screen problem

It is probably a windows problem, not irfanview, but i instaled irfanview to my new computer, and full screen worked perfectly. Than i turned off my computer and at the other day, full screen did not worked. It appear on full screen mode for one second and than it went to normal mode. But i also have a problem with new windows, when i open a new window, it appear at the background, not in front, so i guess, it is windows problem. But if anyone can help about irfanview, i will be thankful. Thanks

Hi,

welcome here

Do you have a hp printer installed (Visit that site here )

steve

Comment

no, i dont have a printer.

Comment

i am also having the same problem
        im using windows vista basic , on the same computer, dell inspiron 1501

Comment

Originally posted by smtty9999 View Post
          i am also having the same problem
          im using windows vista basic , on the same computer, dell inspiron 1501
          I also have 1501 and suddenly started having same problem. I have no idea what is causing it.

XP Pro SP2, IrfanView 4.0

Comment

Same problem here. Windows Vista Home Premium, IrfanView 4.00. Any ideas?
            Last edited by irfanviewfan; 30.09.2007, 10:18 AM. Reason: added "Premium"

Comment

Solved! It's been that simple... I restarted several times but the full screen mode always turn back to window mode after a second. And I recognize another problem: the ALT+TAB didn't work anymore. The small application overview was hiding after a second! I disconnted the keyboard an connected it again - now everything ist fine. Hope this helps you as well (if still necessary).

Comment

Problems

Originally posted by Sim View Post
                I also have 1501 and suddenly started having same problem. I have no idea what is causing it.

XP Pro SP2, IrfanView 4.0
                I'm having the same problem, Dell Vostro 1000 XP SP2, 4.10. Any devs out there? Is there something more I can do to help solve this problem?

Comment

Hello,
                  Same problem with a dell laptop 1501. Vista Basic. Tried going back to an earlier system restore point. Tried reinstalling IrfanView. Messed with all display option settings. Nothing works. Suggestions would be most welcomed by me as well. Thanks in advance.....
                  Gus

Comment

full screen doesn't work

I'm having the same problem and the original problem posted was never resolved. I have a laptop so the unplug-keyboard solution doesn't apply to me. Why does full screen always jump back to window view? And how do we fix this? Even when I click the Startup in full screen option, it always jumps back to window view.

Comment

Do fullscreen slideshows work? What happens if you use the /fs command line switch?

Comment

If I'm using Slideshow right, from File menu, the first pic flashes for a second and disappears leaving a blank window view pane. So I guess it's not working. What does that mean?

Comment

It sounds like something is automatically generating "Enter" keystrokes but I cannot imagine what it might be. Is the slideshow timer set at 1 second, by the way? Worth setting it longer if so, just to eliminate that.

Comment

Curious. Does initiating a slideshow from the thumbnail window keep it in fullscreen? Select some files and go to File>Start slideshow with selected files. If it does, click in either top corner to escape!

Comment

No, slideshow was already preset to 5 sec intervals and I haven't changed that setting. Tried a slideshow with selected files and I got the same effect: first frame opens in fullscreen and then immediately goes to a blank window view.

I think the slideshow angle is a dead end. I also think if something were automatically generating Enter or Esc keystrokes I'd notice it in other programs, but that's not the case. What about the previous posters' solutions with unplugging the keyboard? I never understood how that could fix what sounded like the same problem I'm having.

Comment

Working...
                              X