Disable "unknown file format" alert

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Requested Disable "unknown file format" alert

I would like the option to disable the alert dialog that pops up if a file with an unsupported format or a corrupt file is loaded.

Instead of popping up a visual basic style alert box that requires the user to mouse over and cancel, maybe just display an error graphic in the irfanview window itself.

I use Irfanview in single instance mode, and often throw lots of files at it by doubleclicking in an explorer window or dragging and dropping from an explorer window. Sometimes they are damaged jpgs, sometimes obscure old graphics files that are not supported formats, and sometimes misnamed files that it can't open (like an exe renamed as a txt file). When one of these blows up, I have to reach over and close the dialog instead of just being able to delete, move, etc the file in the explorer window and move on to the next file.

Just keep one finger (of the other hand, I am assuming you have two) over the Enter key. Boink!
    Its: Belongs to "It"
    It's: Shortened form of "It is"
    ---------------------
    Lose: Fail to keep
    Loose: Not tight

---------------------
    Plurals do not require apostrophes

Comment

Smart-off answers aside...I have produced a hands-hree solution for us chronic mystery-meat-file testers. See this thread for download links
      Its: Belongs to "It"
      It's: Shortened form of "It is"
      ---------------------
      Lose: Fail to keep
      Loose: Not tight

---------------------
      Plurals do not require apostrophes

Comment

Seconded

Comment

Great idea

Originally posted by berserker View Post
          I would like the option to disable the alert dialog that pops up if a file with an unsupported format or a corrupt file is loaded.
          Seconded... er... again... er... thirded?!?!

When "disable unsupported file warning" is checked, A small warning icon [] in the status bar to show an error exists would be cool.The message popup could then still be accessed when the warning is clicked. (...just like Internet Explorer's javascript error reporting!)
          Sites4Biz | Grimaldi - UK Heavy Metal | The Hell Hole

Comment

Working...
          X