Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How can is display and ectract images in PPS files?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How can is display and ectract images in PPS files?

IS it possible to open a PPS file in Irfan View? When I try to open a PPS file I get an error message: Can't load Ghostscript (AFPL version) or Ghostscript error.

When and if I can open this Power Point file, I want to extract some of the images inside it and save them as jpg files?

Can this be done?

Tom.

Irfan View doesn't support Power Point files, only PostScript (PS) files.

Open the file in the free PowerPoint viewer and grab the image with screen capture.
    Last edited by Bhikkhu Pesala; 05.09.2007, 09:40 PM.
    Before you post ... Edit your profile • IrfanView 4.62 • Windows 10 Home 19045.2486

Irfan PaintIrfan View HelpIrfanPaint HelpRiot.dllMore SkinsFastStone CaptureUploads

Comment

Isn't there a save as Web/HTML-something in PowerPoint? This feature could be handy to split a presentation into its files.

If there are but a few JPEGs inside the presentation you can cut them out using a hex editor. FF D8 FF marks the beginning of a JPEG file. Correct length is not important, just run the too-long file thru a JPEG optimizer like the one included in IrfanView.

Comment

You can download and install the FREE OpenOffice software, which will open a PPS file, and you can save as a web-page. Doing that will separate the images into a separate folder.
        I wish to die peacefully in my sleep, like my grandfather.
        Not like those passengers, in his car, when he drove over that cliff.

Comment

Thank you.

Thank you all for your suggestions. I used Office 2003 and Power Point does indeed allow you to save images, and in fact it asked me if I wanted to save ALL of them when I selected one picture as a test item.

I tend to use Irfan V. for all my visual files, so therefor my question about PPS file images.

My appreciation to you all. Now I know exactly where I stand.

Tom

Comment

I just found out that with Office/PowerPoint installed, you can open PowerPoint first, then tell it to open a .PPS file. This gets you into an editing mode of that .PPS file (reasoning: if you just double-click a .PPS file it will, by default, immediately go to the slide-show, and I don't see a way of getting to edit mode then - but it may be possible).

Once you have a .PPS file opened, in the edit mode, you can save the slide-show as an .HTM format. Doing that separates the pictures into its own folder.

I didn't realize PowerPoint would allow you to edit an existing .PPS file, that is why I recommended using OpenOffice. But now I find that either will work.
            I wish to die peacefully in my sleep, like my grandfather.
            Not like those passengers, in his car, when he drove over that cliff.

Comment

Working...
            X