Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nero Plugin

I have a question,

I'm currently running a Virtual Environment, with a custom version of Nero 9 installed. After installing Irfan View and the required Plug In, I still recieve the warning that Nero Burning Rom could not be loaded.

First of all, I'd like to ask what the specific target of the DLL is, what does it need to run Nero? Second, is this a compatibility issue (version?) concerning Nero 9 only? With which Nero versions has it been tested ?

To explain a bit, We left the nero installation mostly in tact, because the installation is one big mess and trying to change it would result in epic fail. So we added some customizations in the form of Batchfiles and VBScript that tailored the install to our needs.

We'd like to know whether Irfan View is simply incompatible with Nero 9, or perhaps we made a mistake in the process.

Regards, Dubz

The latest Nero DLL is from IrfanView version 4.20, so I'm afraid the plugin is not up-to-date.
    Rest In Peace, Sam!

Comment

Thanks for the answer, I'll implement it in my documentation.

Comment

Originally posted by Dubz View Post
        Thanks for the answer, I'll implement it in my documentation.
        I stopped using Nero some time ago, when I discovered CDBurnerXP. CDBurnerXP is free (Donationware actually), is minuscule in comparison (under 4.5 MB!), yet does the job! Worked just fine on Windows 7 RC (32-bit) too!

Check it out out here, the current version is 4.27.1801!
        Download IrfanView Help Manual from:
        IrfanView Website - Here
        Sam_Zen's Website - Here
        Author's Website - Here

Comment

Right on. I avoided the bulky Nero years ago. Which, after uninstalling, left a heavy mess on the system btw.
          Even after months I still found traces of it in the dreadful registry..
          Thanks WellOiledPC, didn't know this CDBurnerXP. Will check it.
          So far, I used Deepburner for the job, also quite small.
          Last edited by Sam_Zen; 17.11.2009, 02:04 AM.
          Rest In Peace, Sam!

Comment

You're welcome, Sam. Spot-on about Nero uninstall messing up the Windows Registry! It also took a couple of hours to defragment my Hard Disk after uninstalling Nero!

Thanks for the link to DeepBurner! DB is even smaller, at about 3 MB! It is also Freeware.

Have just downloaded DeepBurner and I find that it has the following options:
            1. Create data CD/ DVD
            2. Create audio CD/ DVD
            3. Burn ISO image

as against CDBurner XP's options, v.i.z.,
            1. Data Disk
            2. Audio Disk
            3. Burn ISO Image
            4. Copy Disk
            5. Erase Disk
            IrfanView Website - Here
            Sam_Zen's Website - Here
            Author's Website - Here

Comment

Aah, Copy Disk, I missed that option ..! So I guess I will switch to CDBurnerXP.

My links are always freeware or open source by the way.
              Last edited by Sam_Zen; 18.11.2009, 02:13 AM.
              Rest In Peace, Sam!

Comment

Originally posted by Sam_Zen View Post
                Aah, Copy Disk, I missed that option ..! So I guess I will switch to CDBurnerXP.

My links are always freeware or open source by the way.
                I'll keep that in mind, Sam!

Strictly speaking, CDBurnerXP is Donationware, though there are no pop-ups (or curtailment of features after 'x' days) if you choose not to make a donation.
                Last edited by WellOiledPC; 19.11.2009, 12:10 PM. Reason: To express myself a little better...
                IrfanView Website - Here
                Sam_Zen's Website - Here
                Author's Website - Here

Comment

Well, I won't use it anyway, because it needs .NET framework, and I don't like that.

In the meantime I found another small burner, that also can copy : InfraRecorder
                  Rest In Peace, Sam!

Comment

For a simple copy disk and ISO tool, there is the shell extension ISO Recorder. It is freeware and actually uses the OS burning tool, which you already have!

Even cooler is the free CreateCD command line utility, which is a great alternative to the GUI, but also still utilizes the already built-in burning function of the OS.

Comment

Hey, InfraRecorder is just too good, Thanks! It runs just fine on Windows XP - no need for .NET and does whatever CDBurnerXP does too!

Its polite - lets you decide whether you want to integrate InfraRecorder with the Windows Shell too!

Don't know whether it works on Windows 7 - no mention I could see on the Website! Also, maybe there should be an option to install only select Language Packs, instead of installing all that is there on it. Wouldn't make much of a difference to the install package though - it is already tiny, at under 3.5 MB

I don't mind .NET, but I see myself using InfraRecorder a lot more than CDBXP, now!
                      IrfanView Website - Here
                      Sam_Zen's Website - Here
                      Author's Website - Here

Comment

Working...
                      X