Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Automate capture

Hello,

I try to find the workaround for the following that seems me possible...

I'd like that
    1) Irfanview starts automatically with the PC with the option that it makes screen capturing every 1 min and save it in file ( I can start it manually but do not see a parameter for periodical capturing for command line )
    2) In the same time I d like to have captured image to be resized to the thumbnail size and be saved with constant name ( capture.jpg ) overwriting the previous one.

Do I want to much?

Hi aprestous,

I looked in the help file, but I didn't see anything about periodical capturing from the command line. And Windows' Scheduled tasks or "at" command allow only intervals much longer than 1 min (at least 1 day).

So you should find a program to launch this command periodically:
    "c:\Program Files\Irfanview\i_view32.exe" /capture=0 /resize=(300,0) /aspectratio /resample /convert=c:\Temp\Capture.png /silent
    It's likely you can find one on the Internet.

Laurent
    Before you post ... fill in your OS and IV version in your profile.

Comment

Thank you!

Comment

Hi again aprestous :-)

Go to http://www.thistlesoft.com/WinUtils/WinUtils.php and download the zip file. Extract Sleep.exe to a directory. In the same directory create this batch file (e.g. AutoCapture.bat):
        Code:
        :top
        "c:\Program Files\Irfanview\i_view32.exe" /capture=0 /resize=(300,0) /aspectratio /resample /convert=c:\Temp\Capture.png /silent
        sleep 60000
        goto top
        The sleep time is in units of 0.001 s.
        To launch your AutoCapture.bat automatically when you open a session, maybe you can use regedit to insert the appropriate command into HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run

Ctrl-C to stop it.

Laurent

Comment

Thanks again.
          It is working nice. I already began to create some scripting loop but your version works awesome.
          The only problem appeared is that when I run

:top
          "c:\Program Files\Irfanview\i_view32.exe" /capture=2 /convert=c:\Temp\CaptureBig.jpg /silent
          "c:\Program Files\Irfanview\i_view32.exe" c:\Temp\CaptureBig.jpg /resize=(300,0) /aspectratio /resample /convert=c:\Temp\capture_$U(%d%m%Y_%H%M).jpg /silent
          copy c:\Temp\CaptureBig.jpg c:\Temp\Capture.jpg
          sleep 60000
          goto top

The pattern $U(%d%m%Y_%H%M) doesn't work to me. It produce file capture_mHM.jpg instead of awaiting date_time in the name.

Comment

Hi aprestous,

In a batch file, you need %% instead of %.

Laurent

Comment

Sure it is. Thank you.

Comment

old post i know, but for anyone looking for a self-contained quick and easy batch timer:

ping 127.0.0.1 -n 20

change it for whatever your localhost is, roughly equates to 20 seconds. change the 20 to however long you need.

Comment

Working...
                X