Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Requested More Printing Options

Hello everyone,

I have just started to use Infanview and have noticed it to be a lot better and a lot less resource consuming (around 10mb) than the vista picture viewer, although I only have one problem I rarely print only 1 image onto a page as normally I would like to save paper without the image being over streched so the image would only use 50% of the paper.

I'm wondering if you can add options like Vista's or XP's printing options?

Hi badboy,

Go to the thumbnails viewer (T) and browse a folder with several images.

1. Select some thumbnails, then File / Print selected thumbnails as a single image (free translation from french, not sure of the exact command in english). I tried that, but I got many pages with only one image on each page. Bug?

2. Select some thumbnails, then File / Create a contact sheet from selected thumbnails (free translation). It's a two step procedure, but this one works.

Laurent
    Before you post ... fill in your OS and IV version in your profile.

Comment

Thanks for the Help although I have one problem with the 2nd one, if I only select two images they are small boxes and are not for example both using half the page.

Is there anyway I can get it so two images each would use half the page or for four images each image would only use 1/4 so the whole page would be used and the images are as big as possible.

Comment

Hi badboy,

There is a checkbox to fit small images to the size of the larger ones.
        For having the images as big as possible, set the spacing to the minimum and don't ask to write the files' infos.

Laurent
        Attached Files
        Before you post ... fill in your OS and IV version in your profile.

Comment

I guess what I'd like is what PaintShop Pro offers, a "multi-image layout" option where one can place the pix on a page and drag them to be varying sizes, even put our own text - one less reason to need anything else!;-)

Comment

Originally posted by badboy View Post
            Thanks for the Help although I have one problem with the 2nd one, if I only select two images they are small boxes and are not for example both using half the page.

Is there anyway I can get it so two images each would use half the page or for four images each image would only use 1/4 so the whole page would be used and the images are as big as possible.
            There is a way but it takes some work.

Save your images to a multipage TIFF. Open the TIFF and save it as PDF using the ImPDF plugin. This plugin allows you to tile the output page. The images can be fitted to the tiles. Also borders are possible.

If you set the switch "Open PDF after saving", Acrobat (or the program associated to pdf) will start and you can print your pages.

In the moment Irfanview does not allow to create Multipage PDFs like Multipage TIFFs. You have to go the way to create first the multipage TIFF and convert it to Multipage PDF.

I guess Irfan thinks that not many people like to create multipage PDFs in one step.

Comment

badboy ... maybe you should take a look at this link -> http://www.photopos.com/Pos-Multiple...ing-Wizard.asp

Its a wonderful utility that I happened to find. I also had the opportunity to give some feedback which were duly considered ... Having found this, I wrote to Irfan pointing it out to him and he has promised to give it due consideration!

Looking forward to the day that this is incorporated into IV with more options

Cheers!

Comment

Printing multiple images

Although I agree that it is easier in other programs, I do sometimes use Irfanview to do this by copying and pasting onto a blank canvas. I have suitable blank canvases saved - the A4 portrait size I use is 840 x 1188 pixels. I made it by opening a small image and adding white canvas to the edges to make up the required size. I then hid the image by copying an area of blank canvas and pasting it over the image.
                To use it, start up a second copy of IV and open the blank canvas there. Copy the first image you want to print from the first copy of IV using Ctrl+C and then store its shape using the Custom selection dialog (Shift+C). Click on None at top left, set X, Y and Width to perhaps 10, 10, and 500, and then click Actual Ratio (from image) which sets the Height. Click back on None, and then Apply to Image.
                Back in the second copy, Shift+C opens the Custom selection and Apply to Image gives a selection box of the right shape. Click and drag with the right mouse button to move it where you want and resize it (without changing the shape) by pressing Cntrl whilst dragging a side with the left mouse button. When you have the selection box where you want it just paste in the image with Cntrl+V. Then repeat for for other images to fill up the sheet, and print.
                It sounds laborious but is not too bad when you get used to it and can be quicker than moving everything into another program.

Comment

I have to say that I think coding this feature into Irfan View would be wasted effort. It is so much easier to use a page layout program for this kind of work. Add text, rotate images, overlap them, add drop shadows, etc. Save your document, and add more images or swap them around later before finally printing them out (again).
                  Before you post ... Edit your profile • IrfanView 4.62 • Windows 10 Home 19045.2486

Irfan PaintIrfan View HelpIrfanPaint HelpRiot.dllMore SkinsFastStone CaptureUploads

Comment

What about "auto crop" for printing photos ?

My photos come with a 4:3 aspect ratio but the printing paper is 2:3 (10x15 cm)
                    Normally I can crop for a 0.66 or 1.5 aspect ratio but to print borderless (stretch to page) some deformation of the images occurr.

Could there be an option just to print in the paper and "crop" without changing the aspect ratio?
                    Godspeed Paul Tibbets 1-11-2007

Comment

Working...
                    X