Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quicktime, low sound in edited movies

Hello,

IrfanView displays Quicktime movies that come directly from the camera very good. However, if I save the movie from Quicktime Pro 7 (no matter whether I edit it or not) IrfanView displays the movie but the sound is set to low volume (it is not off in fact, but very low).

I can set it to high volume manually of course, but not in a slide show. If I start the same movie directly in QuickTime player the sound is ok. I tried various settings both in QT player and in IV to no avail.

Movie format is H.264 as output from the EOS 5D MKII, OS is XP pro. I use QT Pro to quickly concatenate several small clips into one "Reference Movie" (how Apple calls it).

Any suggestion, be it an alternative QT editing program which can create "Reference Movies" or some tweaks in IV would be much appreciated.

And of course I can provide additional material or information...

Best regards
    Erik

Originally posted by Erik Krause View Post
    ... Any suggestion ...
    Hi Erik,

IrfanView is mainly a picture viewer!
    For video formats it's better to use special video players because they support more video codecs!
    To edit the quicktime format please try video editing software like Avidemux, Jahshaka, VirtualDub, ... or another one!

regards
    Frank

Comment

Originally posted by Frank View Post
      Hi Erik,
      IrfanView is mainly a picture viewer!
      Yes, I know. But since there is a QT plugin I think it should work. The difference between images and videos is vanishing since almost all modern cameras deliver both. And of course anyone wants to show both in the same slide show.

Since IV uses the QT player to display MOV files, it simply should behave the same. It would be enough if it used the OS file association, but I didn't get this to work either.

However, many thanks for the other hints on video editing software.

best regards
      Erik

Comment

PS: The VLC media player is very recommended to play video formats!

Comment

And, afaik, it doesn't need any bulky QT plugin
          Rest In Peace, Sam!

Comment

PS: The VLC media player is very recommended to play video formats!
            I'd love to use VLC inside a slide show. Unfortunately I didn't get it to work and if I read the forum correctly, apparently there is no way.

But there must be a reason that the sound is low. I hoped there is a hidden switch somewhere - in an INI file f.e. - which tells the plugin always to start with high volume or something alike.

I guess the plugin tries to read a setting from the MOV file and gets it wrong. I still wonder why not simply the standard QT player is started which would have some other benefits like using full screen mode f.e. as set inside the MOV file. Or is there a way to achieve this inside a slide show?

best regards
            Erik

Comment

Plays the VLC media player your file correctly?

Comment

Plays the VLC media player your file correctly?
                VLC plays a file saved from QT Pro correctly. However, it fails to play a Reference Movie (at all, not only low sound).

best regards
                Erik

Comment

Working...
                X