Slideshow In Window Mode - Window Position

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Slideshow In Window Mode - Window Position

Is it possible to change the position of the window whilst running a Slideshow in Window Mode ? Presently the window always occupies the dead center of my screen, and it has no boarder or bar to drag and drop to another part of the screen. All I do when I try clicking on the window is to cause another picture to be displayed. I'd like to move it to a corner so I can carry on doing other things on the PC while Irfan View runs through my folders.

Normally, I have my slideshows set at Fullscreen, but I changed the options from 'Fit to Screen..' to 'Show original size' to check this out. And you're right. Images smaller than the screen are set in the center, but the space around is filled with a background color. So in fact still a fullscreen.. I'm in doubt about calling this a bug.

If you just want to run through your directories to check the content, you better use the 'Shift+A' command, instead of making a slideshow. Default position is 0,0 so upper left corner, but you can change that.
    The time between the pictures is still defined by the 'advancement' setting in the slideshow dialog.
    Rest In Peace, Sam!

Comment

Hi Sam Zen thanks for replying. I think we have our wires crossed so i will work on getting a screen cap to show you. Pictures worth a thousand words as they say!

Comment

Flippin ek...yes it took that long. Anyway here is the screen cap. My window is 400 x 300 pixels. All images are fitted to that (which due to the size of window means shrunk to fit).

I like the set up myself but its just slap bang in the center of my screen. Could this default position of 0,0 you mentioned tweak it? If so how do I get to it to change it?

Please click on to see full size.

Comment

There is no way to move the slideshow. What Sam_Zen was speaking of would make a reasonable workaround. I will add all the possible complications so you can get a continuous display of images in a window with practically no borders.

Open something in your image directory, open the slideshow dialog, check "include subdirectories" if necessary. Close slideshow dialog. Set View to "fit image to window" and size the window as you like. Press Alt+Shift+ T, M, C, and S to make the Toolbar, Menu, Caption (title) bar and Status bar go away. Then press Shift+A. The show begins, sitting in a corner, with only a very thin frame. The window can be resized at will, and if you want to move it just press Alt+Shift+C to get a handle.

If all images have the same proportions, it works perfectly. If they vary, there will be blank window space beside or under some, but a neutral background color shouldn't be too disturbing.

I'm running it through my entire (recent, on disk, never mind the vast CD archives) fractal collection right now.
          Its: Belongs to "It"
          It's: Shortened form of "It is"
          ---------------------
          Lose: Fail to keep
          Loose: Not tight

---------------------
          Plurals do not require apostrophes

Comment

OT : you're talking fractals here ? A common interest. I've thought about adding a add-on topic on fractal generators.
            Rest In Peace, Sam!

Comment

Matera...many thanks for the reply. I have followed your instructions and the effect is getting to what I wanted..nice work around! . I have figured how to time image advancement nicely (slide show dialogue) but I'd also like to play with this set up and introduce randomize image selection in to the mix but I can find nothing that actually works (tried combos shift + A and ctrl + M and also random in Slide show dialog).

Any idea if this can be achieved in Irfanview (or anything else that could achieve this?)

Comment

Brisirfanview - you're welcome. I'm fresh out of ideas tonight though. I don't do corner slideshows much, they get too distracting! LOL

OT - Sam - I eat fractals. I don't know why I don't dream about them.
                Gotta have IrfanView to go through the collection. I sit up late almost every night with Fractal Explorer, zooming into vast fractal universes until my face hits the keyboard.
                Its: Belongs to "It"
                It's: Shortened form of "It is"
                ---------------------
                Lose: Fail to keep
                Loose: Not tight

---------------------
                Plurals do not require apostrophes

Comment

2 Brisirfanview
                  After you've got a reasonable answer on your question, please ask the next question in a new topic.
                  Randomizing is quite a different subject than window positions.
                  2 matera
                  OT - LOL. Fractal Explorer is one of my tools too. This issue should be continued.
                  Rest In Peace, Sam!

Comment

Originally posted by Sam_Zen View Post
                    2 Brisirfanview
                    After you've got a reasonable answer on your question, please ask the next question in a new topic.
                    Sorry I thought it was just another question about the set up
                    matera was talking about.

Comment

No reason for sorry. I happen to do this too once in a while in my enthousiasm.
                      It's just a practical thing regarding the survey on a forum.

And especially on forums concerning software the threads are quite vulnerable to spread out in all kinds of directions.
                      To avoid this, a certain strictness could be necessary.

Before you know it, you start with the subject 'Window position' and end up about a possible fade-out of an empee3.
                      And for a programmer, a Windows coordinates procedure is just quite different from a subroutine to randomize things.
                      Rest In Peace, Sam!

Comment

Working...
                      X