Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

EXIF info keeps coming up

Hi:

I just upgraded to v 4.00 from v 3.98. Usually, I use Ifranview to go through my camera shots, using the right arrow on the keyboard to click through them, in a sort of slideshow fashion. every so often I would stop and click on the "i" to see my camera settings in the EXIF mode. Now when I do that in v4.00 the next picture I go to tries to show me the EXIF info, and each image after that. the only way to get out of it is to shut down Ifranview and then restart on the image I wAs viewing. Is there a settings in 'properties' that can change this to the way it was in v3.98? I like being able to check EXIF infor but I don't want to do it all the time Thanks !

I can't reproduce this error. So maybe some OS-info can be relevant. Plus the actual file-format of the camera shots.
    I wondered how you manage to choose 'next image' with the right arrow key anyway.
    Default, the navigation through a number of files in a directory is done with 'space' and 'backspace'.
    The right arrowkey is used to scroll the image horizontally.
    Last edited by Sam_Zen; 05.06.2007, 01:59 AM.
    Rest In Peace, Sam!

Comment

I'm using Windows 2000. In the IfranView properties 'misc 1' I have the ' jump always to next image if arrow or page keys are pressed'. I'm viewing .jpg files, about 4mb each (3500 pix wide). I went back to version 3.98 and everything's fine again. I can check EXIF info every so often, then proceed viewing pics. In v 4.0 it seems to keep taking me to the EXIF of the next image I view after I've viewed one EXIF info. I've tried this on several JPEG files, the same thing happens.

Comment

I can confirm this, it does the same thing in XP Pro. I can't say if it might have happened before because I don't usually look at the exif, and most of the images I deal with are not photos, but after reading the above posts I tried it on a directory of big ones. I checked exif once, closed the dialogs and moved on (using the spacebar), and the exif came up for each one after that.
        Last edited by matera; 05.06.2007, 04:48 AM. Reason: added words for clarity
        Its: Belongs to "It"
        It's: Shortened form of "It is"
        ---------------------
        Lose: Fail to keep
        Loose: Not tight

---------------------
        Plurals do not require apostrophes

Comment

Sorry, enabled the option but still can't reproduce this (W2k)
          Rest In Peace, Sam!

Comment

Hi,

i reported that to Irfan, we had a discussion about that in the German forum as well.

Look here:

The EXIF dialog can stay displayed on screen
            Was written in the changelog of IrfanView 4.00

Hopefully we can dis- able that in the next version

steve

Comment

Hi Tracy,

In the Old forum, Bugreports, search for "exif dialog". I believe you can find useful info there for your problem.
              (http://irfanview-online.com/viewtopic.php?t=1452)

Laurent
              Before you post ... fill in your OS and IV version in your profile.

Comment

Thanks Laurent and everyone else ! It turns out that by installing the new 'IV misc' plug in that everything was fixed. Now EXIF works like a charm ! Thanks again !

Comment

Working...
                X