To You

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

To You

I would love to know if Mr. Irfan Skiljan have a small idea of the importance of the program he created. But I am absolutely convinced that he has no idea. I hope that somehow someone say that to him. I've been using Irfanview since it was created version 1.9 as I remember. I'm doctor (pediatric surgeon) and use my little free time available to teach young people and teenagers (very very very poor) what I know about computers. Over the years, I realized that one of the most effective ways to attract these young people was the use of photography.

And with the advent of digital photography, everything was much easier. Thus, with the help of friends and donations of computers, I could create a school which has trained hundreds of very poor people who might become familiarized with photography. Of course, we use many softtwares free for this, but what I remember, none are as useful as Irfanview. Because it is very difficult, almost impossible to attract a child with a spreadsheet or a text, but seeing the smile slides or small changes in your photos in the program and engaging and appeals. I say this because it compares with another famous software that we use as the OpenOffice suite, it is clear much greater complexity and importance in the formation profissoional we provide these young people. But in my opinion is an unfair comparison, as far as I know, the development of irfanview tive was a solitary attitude of those who created it. Of course after a while many people helped and help in its development. But as I said, do not use and do not know of any software so useful, simple and good as this.

Mr. Skiljan and others who help or have helped in developing this program, thank you all from the bottom of my heart and I speak for all that you have helped, for their dedication and generosity.

You are certainly people who leave the world better by writing a poem, planting a tree or in modern times to create a near perfect program. To all of you and especially to Mr. Skiljan my thanks. For the dedication all these years. Even very far I wish to all the best that life can offer, the respect and admiration of intelligent and capable men trained with your help.

My sincere congratulations and I hope that answers your prayers as the faith of each one is answered each day.

Any mistakes.....english is not my mother tong and a miss some English classes also.

Tks
    Last edited by Bhikkhu Pesala; 23.05.2011, 12:58 PM. Reason: Remove large, coloured font formatting

Welcome to the Forum, Marc Andersen. You say your English is not top-of-the-draw, but it is certainly not difficult to understand: perhaps because it comes from the heart. Of much, much greater significance is your efforts at teaching poor children the use of Computers. Indeed, if one does not know how to use Computers in today's world, you are almost certain to be only as good as a total illiterate! I laud your efforts and the path you have identified - making it easier for children to learn Computers using images. You have made your noble profession (that of a Doctor) even more meaningful, by teaching poor children what is so important in today's world!

My Best Regards to you!
    Download IrfanView Help Manual from:
    IrfanView Website - Here
    Sam_Zen's Website - Here
    Author's Website - Here

Comment

I cannot but compliment you for your great work with children; as one of the people "who help or have helped in developing the program" (a small part of it, indeed), I'm glad that it helped you so much.
      You could also considering writing your letter directly to Irfan: he doesn't read this forum, but you can find his e-mail address on the IrfanView home page.
      IrfanPaint developer
      The latest stable IrfanPaint version is the 0.4.13.70.
      IrfanPaint is now open-source (released under BSD license).

Comment

Welcome.
        It certainly gives a warm feeling reading your kind words !
        I wish you great success with your work for the children..
        Rest In Peace, Sam!

Comment

Thank you!!!

I also started using Iview nearly 10 years ago. We originally used ACDSee. This was before you could see thumbnails in windows & you had to use another program to view graphic files etc. Then ACDSee became too commercial & you had to pay to use it. So I started looking around for another Graphics Viewer & with luck came across Iview. I have not changed programs since. Even though I can use Windows to see & hear Graphics & Multimedia Files, Iview is still my program of choice.
          I cannot say thank you enough for providing us all with such a great program. :

Comment

Working...
          X